LX Forums Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
haha... thanks heidi "i going to edit it out" right... damn i sound like a hick..lol
haha, you country ass mother b|tch.... hahahaha

you are the best LOL. Alas, the guys warned you, I would use the vid LOL. There was just too much good info and too much fun going on here. I love the LX community. No where can you have this kind of friendship and fun with others. Its the best.
HEIDI, so true, awesome video and even better friends and family!

·
LX Padiwan
670 Posts
My catch can on a 5.7 Hemi Magnum is just a year old and I've never looked at it,,,, til last week. I never thought about it mainly cuz I put less than 10,000 miles thru the can and our summers are so short here in Vermont that the motor doesn't run hot all that often in my short commuting. So you can imagine my surprise when last week I found the can to be over 1/2 full.:doh: I think I'll be giving this can a seasonal look at from here on out. I also changed the hoses after finding the ones I had to be center soft. The can will now only work better.:thumbs_u:

Cheers,
Robin

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
You really need this mod.... I replaced a CAI that I put in a little over a year ago and inside the intake tube was covered in oil.... I made sure to get one prior to install my new CAI....

·
LX Owners of Waterloo Region Member
107 Posts
Excuse my ignorance. But if you do not have a catch can installed what happens with the oil?

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
Excuse my ignorance. But if you do not have a catch can installed what happens with the oil?
It goes into the intake.... My CAI filter was caked in oil before my catch can.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Guys does anybody have photos of the BT catch can installed on 2.7? Where would be its place on these engines?
Another question is would I be able to mount it on the BT fender mount bracket to get easy access, or not?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Post #51... good stuff. I know this thread is old, but so is my Magnum, lol! So the moral of the story is buy a catch can and keep the intake system clean, including the exiting crankcase tube that makes it's way back into the intake tube and throttle body. I thought this was interesting, it's a dual catch can setup. Makes me wonder if it's sucking in crap from the catch can during idle if "full" or not cleaned out regularly.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design

81 - 94 of 94 Posts