61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
The originator of the BT catch can!
833 Posts
Compelling evidence odb.

·
Hemi Registry #724
971 Posts
From what I understand here in Jersey or anywhere it's cold there is moisture in the line which mixes with th oil hence a milky sludge. Come summer time if this doesn't change then I will be worried but as for now I don't believe it is a major problem besides when I change my oil it looks fine. Any ideas or input on this condition?

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
From what I understand here in Jersey or anywhere it's cold there is moisture in the line which mixes with th oil hence a milky sludge. Come summer time if this doesn't change then I will be worried but as for now I don't believe it is a major problem besides when I change my oil it looks fine. Any ideas or input on this condition?
Same observation here. Didn't happen in the summer/fall, happening now. It's just condensation.

·
833 Posts
^^ Thanks Todd. Heidi here jacking Dans screen name as it was already up on his computer. We are sharing an office for the time being LOL. He can't wait to get rid of me soon, but I told him he would be begging me to come back hahaha....

We recently had a customer send us a private message at the Charger Forums. He asked for some pricing on some items and then inquired about our catch can. His comment was Elite says their catch can is better than the BT catch can.

Ok, fair enough. First I will say this; The Elite can is a nice can. Would I make a statement to a customer asking the question in reverse that the BT catch can is better; no. My response would be exactly as stated here; the Elite can is a nice can, it works. The BT can is a nice can too, it works, AND we give you a turn key out of the box install; price is good too.

This thread and right here along with countless others prove our can works and it is more than just bling.

The evidence is compelling too when you check this thread here http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199049 . The catch can being tested against the Elite can is made by our machine shop and sold to our customer who has an exclusive to carry products for these cars.

We appreciate your business and agree you have choices. Thanks to all of you who have made our catch can a best selling product.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
Right on Heidi... it's a friggin catch can, not a nuclear missile. Does it flow air but knock vapor out? If the answer is yes, then it works. You don't need, nor do you want, a "high-flow" catch can as some have suggested... venting the crankcase is just that, venting... not sucking the bejeezus out of!

BT's can works as well as a catch can would ever need to, end of story. As pretty as it is, it'd be off my car if it sucked, that's just the way it goes. No parlor tricks or hoopla, just a lot of oil accumulating that isn't making it to my cylinders.

·
833 Posts
Well put super T

·
has been pardoned by the language filter
1,577 Posts
Just checked mine that I put on about 500 miles ago...

I have about an 1/8" of the milky sludge in it, as well as a fair amount of visible condensation.

Seems to be doing its job quite well.

·
Hemi Registry #724
971 Posts
I guess we're not as fortunate as those warm weather climates to have the oil all year round. We have to deal with COLD weather and milky sludge. I hate NJ kinda

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
how do u install these i was oging to buy 1 but bt only offers to chose the starter hose or the pcv hose which 1 do i get ?

·
RIDE: 06 R/T BBCP
742 Posts
yea, I am sick now, I don't know where I've been 47K, No catch can, I am afraid to even look at the intake. Hope, I can get one soon, This is probrably why my mds tried to quit on me last month. ugh. I may be forced to try to make a temporary one myself, until I can get one from BT, I Love BT but with lack of work I am on the Po Mans budget. Someone Pm me that has one, I have a few questions. Thanks.

·
vajazzle it!....;)
15,798 Posts
47K and you haven't checked the intake?? Geesh! Say hello to the gremlins for us1 :doh:

Get the BT can.... trust me it works good! :rock:

·
RIDE: 06 R/T BBCP
742 Posts
yea, I got some questions about removing the tb and cleaning it too. after I get the catch can on, I will need to do some cleaning.

·
Mel's Charger = Hotness
46 Posts
I've got one on my 3.5 and it definately has been doing it's job.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
SHINDIG '08

Install after show! This is the old one off Heidi's charger when they installed their new black one!

Cleaned all the oil out of it and drove home. Didn't get a pic before but here's how it looked!

This is after the 430 mile drive home!

After the show we did two more installs at the hotel!!!

Bump for a great product!!!

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
thank you Mexi for the classic You Tube vid here. I could not resist LOL.

Robert received the very first BT catch can ever made. He has the original prototype and as you guys can see, its stil looking good and working great one year later.

Thank you Robert, and thanks for the great fun here too.

By the way you can see how Dan installs the new BT door lock setup here also.

dont' forget to watch the vid in high quality on you tube too!

·
thats my sippy cup!
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
haha... thanks heidi "i going to edit it out" right... damn i sound like a hick..lol

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
haha... thanks heidi "i going to edit it out" right... damn i sound like a hick..lol
you are the best LOL. Alas, the guys warned you, I would use the vid LOL. There was just too much good info and too much fun going on here. I love the LX community. No where can you have this kind of friendship and fun with others. Its the best.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts