LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A CarPc in every dash!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a question as to where and what kind of blinker relay we have.
I want to upgrade to LED blinkers but adding resistors to the 12v+ line kind of defeats the purpose of LED heat/power saving benefits.
I have found a few companies that have delevoped an electronic relay that will flash at the standard 1 second flash regardless of the load.
So if anyone has any info please tell! Or if someone has another solution please share.. thanks!

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
None.

The blinkers are controlled on the CAN bus

·
Chasing Dreams
3,354 Posts
Sorry it took so long to respond, I was stuck in a trance because of Token's avatar..... phew!

Anyway, the biggest problem comes from the lowered resistance of the led bulbs. The computer interprets this as a short and will change the blink rate to indicate that there is a problem.

The heat/power savings of an led setup (in my opinion) are very small. So I would just install a resistor to raise the load to an acceptable level.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
MagnumFreak said:
Sorry it took so long to respond, I was stuck in a trance because of Token's avatar..... phew!
LOL.... you should see him in person

·
A CarPc in every dash!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Token said:
None.

The blinkers are controlled on the CAN bus
How did i know it was going to be CAN BUS! Chalk another one up for Morpheus :)

DAMN I CANT WAIT WILL YOU RELEASE MORPHEUS! WHY DO YOU TEASE ME SO MUCH!

ahh i had to get that off my chest...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.