LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boosted Fury
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently working on a big brake upgrade ( Front only at this time) With Brembo 4 piston Calipers and SRT8 slotted rotors, Braided SS lines up front , Hi-Temp brake fluid and brackets for $1600 Canadian.

We are looking at what the interest would be in the kit and what you think of the pricing.....

Availability would be around mid August.

Thank You,
Rick

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
AmbeR/T said:
We are currently working on a big brake upgrade ( Front only at this time) With Brembo 4 piston Calipers and SRT8 slotted rotors, Braided SS lines up front , Hi-Temp brake fluid and brackets for $1600 Canadian.

We are looking at what the interest would be in the kit and what you think of the pricing.....

Availability would be around mid August.
hmm.. what would that work out to in US$? About $1200 maybe? (I have no clue what the exchange rate is these days)

And would this be with the "old" SRT8 rotors or the new, post-TSB rotors? Either way, I would be interested. Mine on my RT have gotten a bit warped and are needing to be replaced real soon. Only 35k miles and 20k of those have been on open highway. Not a very good lifespan, IMHO...but DAMN they do stop good. But as I've always said, you can never have TOO much braking power.

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
DawsonMagnum said:
hmm.. what would that work out to in US$? About $1200 maybe? (I have no clue what the exchange rate is these days)

And would this be with the "old" SRT8 rotors or the new, post-TSB rotors? Either way, I would be interested. Mine on my RT have gotten a bit warped and are needing to be replaced real soon. Only 35k miles and 20k of those have been on open highway. Not a very good lifespan, IMHO...but DAMN they do stop good. But as I've always said, you can never have TOO much braking power.
The slotted rotors are the new ones. And:

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
Token said:
The slotted rotors are the new ones. And:
Thanks for the currency conversion thingie!

As to the rotors, I'm aware that the new ones are slotted and the old ones aren't, but they could be machined to be slotted so I thought I'd get a clarification.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
I think that's pretty reasonable... the brembo kit uses 6-pistons in the front and four in the rear, right?

·
06 Dodge Charger RT R/T
32 Posts
i'd be interested. are we talking stock size rotors, or larger? what colors? i have a charger r/t with r&t. i checked around and they want a heck of a lot of money for the big brake upgrade kits. would you be able to get slotted rotors and ss lines for the rear also? with 4 piston binders up front, i doubt i or anyone else will really need to upgrade the rear calipers, unless you plan on doing a bit of road racing. but for just the casual spin at a track, 4 up front and stock out back should do

·
"Dude, give me your tots!"
470 Posts
I would be interested assuming these would fit on a SXT.. I would also be interested if these are larger rotors.

·
Magnum R/T Master
816 Posts
Anything ever come of this?
I would like to upgrade my brake situation on the R/T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.