LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LX Newbie
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me you opinions on the BEST C.A.I. based on POWER (HP) Gain.

Before I purchase one......

Thanks
LS

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
search for GIFO

Great
Intake
Face
Off

A bunch of smart dudes have been getting to gether to test all the different types and put them on dyno testing... you'll be up to your ears in info... good stuff

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Just take the entire air cleaner assembly out. Attach a fan to the throttle body that spins on high all the time. That way when air is sucked in its cooled by the fan! That should add about 30 Ghetto HP!!! :)

·
LX fever is back!
2,535 Posts
you ought to check out the air hammer made by our very own rev. hammer....quality piece and dyno tested for 8-9 rwhp!!

·
LX fever is back!
2,535 Posts
AirHammer! I absolutely love it!

:hammer:
good to see someone else knows the greatness of the air hammer!! I just put down some good dyno numbers with just a cat back and air hammer. check out the thread i started, all the info is there.

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
9,301 Posts
Second the AirHammer recomendation, accept no substitutes, that thing has been proven to make the horses and it really woke mine up...

Mike

Reactions: Rev.Hammer
G

·
On the 5.7 Hemi you can't expect gains from a CAI, especially the standard, run-of-the-mill ones like Mopar and K&N.

Now at GIFO we discovered that you can get a LITTLE gain from the Frankentake and the AirHammer. Each are made by members here and are about as big as you can get creating the greatest airflow. I think the results were about +6hp gain and about +9hp gain respectively.

The 5.7 responds better to a catback exhaust, headers, and the like for performance gains...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had the Mopar CAI installed. Can't really notice any performance gains, but it looks and sounds cool. Which is great considering I got it for a steal on ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might have to disagree...

Hey all. New to this forum but have been with 300cforums for some time. In regards to CAI, I do believe they can add more horse power and in my case it was quite noticeable. Also, you can check out the dyno sheets from the manufacturer. It's right on. I installed a Fujita competition CAI a month after purchasing my 300C AWD and I wouldn't install anything else. Minimally, if you install anything less restrictive than stock, you're going to get some gain. And depending on the engineering, the gains can be decent. New headers and a cat-back exhaust are the perfect compliments. Cheers.:pepper:

·
he who likes fast car
2,608 Posts
AFE or Airhammer

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not a total gear head so I went for the more mello mods. I now have the Mopar (Blue) CAI and the Borla/Mopar cat-back exhaust. My 300C now sounds great and I have been getting better mileage to boot. The best thing was after my wife drove it she complained that it makes too much noise.:thumbs_u: That right there is an endorsement for these mods.

Because my dealership is run by crooks, I have to be careful what mods I do to not void the extended warranty. You will love a CAI and cat back system.

Enjoy your Hemi. I love driving my 300c every day!:pepper:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.