LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
05 Magnum 6.1L Pro Street
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok tonight. Me & my fathers partner who is as into (if not more) into my pro street magnum as I am, agree'd to shut the shop down an hour early to go spin some wrenches on it for 2 hours or so and make some much needed progress.

Well, Ideal timing was to be in weymouth (3 towns over at 7 pm). So if I closed at 6.45 i'd be fine. The guy that closes was pumped cause he's on salery and over an hour early for him is like xmas.

One of the salesman clowns forgets that he promised a customer driving from philly PA that HE PERSONALLY would be till 8.00 PM. I told him, **** you - you wait for him. Im with a customer and I see him drive away. There was smoke comming out of my ears. Customer shows up at 8.30 - and it took till 9.50 to close the deal that IDIOT should have been there for. Oh pay back is a bitch. I work 70 hours a week, and when you take 2 hours away from it all to swing a wrench & drink a beer while working on my car - you have f'd with the wrong person. I am so f'n mad right now I am going to knock him out in the morning. He made a joke to a friend of mine's girl as he left that he was leaving before I realized it so I had to wait for the customer. I sign his check, so we'll see who laughs.

We've made some progress & I want to post some pics, but 70+ hours a week is So hard to get out & get pics :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

this guy will pay. He is deff. getting a dead fish in his trunk tomorrow under the spare tire. We have a heat wave up here - so tomorrow should be 100. it will take no time to make his car smell like a fish market.

:doh::blam:

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is my morning meeting to be honest. salesmen are a dime a dozen. f' me over. its all done, xpecially when it comes to working on my maggie. Stupid bald bastard.

Maggie first, business second!

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Let's see...

He made the promise that you had to keep for him...

Yup - I say put the fish in his trunk in the AM and staple a pink slip to his forehead in the afternoon.

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
I feel your frustration. Good luck, whatever you decide. Salesmen may be a dime a dozen... good employees aren't! :wink:

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
Oh yeah.. out he goes.. or.. give him the chance to make amends:
3 swipes with a panfish rod across the arse and he keeps his job..

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
You've got toilets in there don't cha? Aren't they a little dirty?
Maybe even cig butts on the floor outside? Or gum under the tables?
Would be nice to see things clean for once then let him know how disappointed you were in his performance and that he forced you to let him go.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Jay Carnes said:
that is my morning meeting to be honest. salesmen are a dime a dozen. f' me over. its all done, xpecially when it comes to working on my maggie. Stupid bald bastard.

Maggie first, business second!
Remember to kick yourself, your responsible for your staff hires. If you hire idiots that's your problem.
Staff are the most expensive tools you have, makes sense to hire the best!.
Next on the hit list; Your customers are the most important asset you have, without them your on the street. if he is late, well $hit happens deal with it.
Stop whining about 70 hours a week, I have owned my own business for more than 20 years, for many of those years i put in 100 to 120 hours a week. welcome to owning your own business.

OK wheres my coffee!!!

·
She's done heck darnit!
3,384 Posts
...someone is itching to get on my ignore list.

Jay, you do what you gotta do. I vote for fish & fire! Hope you stopped by the store this morning to pick up a good stinky one.

And kudos for hanging back at the office and meeting with the customer. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
LX Padiwan
262 Posts
Gotta love our employee workpool here in MA. The kid I have working for me now isn't too bad. It just took afew guys to find him. Not sure about you guys in other parts of the country, but around here, there just isn't much work ethic, and they all think they are ENTITLED to this and that! GEt very frustrating as an employer. Nobody wants to work around here anymore. Not how I was raised. And yeah, primary concern is the customer, who Jay did take care of. To bad it isn't your company Jay. You just run it right?

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
wheelife said:
Remember to kick yourself, your responsible for your staff hires. If you hire idiots that's your problem.
Next on the hit list; Your customers are the most important asset you have, without them your on the street. if he is late, well $hit happens deal with it.
Stop whining about 70 hours a week, I have owned my own business for more than 20 years, for many of those years i put in 100 to 120 hours a week. welcome to owning your own business.

OK wheres my coffee!!!
Unfortunately, last I checked, the noblest of men with the biggest of hearts and the strongest of minds weren't lining up to sell cars... if he made the promise and needed to bail, the least he could have done would be to tell you to your face... "hey, Jay, my wife's sick" or "hey, Jay, my friend is stranded at the airport" or even "hey, Jay, I'm goin' to get plowed". At least he would have been honest. Slinking away like thiat is the ultimate sh!tty. Make sure you let him know what really steamed you about the whole thing. If I were the customer, I would have turned around and taken my business elsewhere, if the guy that promised me he'd be there couldn't even show up.

·
LX Padiwan
257 Posts
Sh.t happens. This employee is bad asset for your company anyways. Fire him no regrets. Good luck in your project.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
RTPablo said:
But how many of those 70 hours do you spend on LX Forums??? :cool: :cool:
Ouch - touché! :wink:

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
We need an update ... hopefully pics of a big ol' fish in a plastic bag going into a trunk...

Seriously - how did it go - did you :lightsab: have it out?

Or did you :chill: & kiss and make up?

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wheelife said:

OK wheres my coffee!!!
a man of my own world then.

Well, You pay peanuts you get monkies. I hear you on the hours - I guess I am not wining about them, just stating that it sucks.

**** rolls down hill, and I have to shovel it up. I got the deal done, and my employee is an idiot. Such is live. It is SOOOOO hard to get an employee that CARES about YOUR business

with that said, "great one regular with an orange juice please" - please drive up. I work hard for what I have, its incompitance that agrivates me. You can pay someone to be there, can't pay them to care.

I really can't blame anyone but myself - because I have to be all over them 24.7 regardless of the deal or what not.

Im not wining. Just venting!

Reactions: wheelife
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.