LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen this dont know if its been posted.

Actually has 8 "real turbines" at about $1500 each.
Unbelievable that someone would make this - all real turbines!
That's $12,000 just for the engines!
It took over 2 years to build; it has a wing span of about 22 feet, and takes multiple pilots - as there are so many things to control.

Think they were nervous during the maiden flight?

Check out the movie link below to see the first flight. AMAZING!!
http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/B52_flight2.wmv

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Man I do miss flying RC's. Notice when she first lifted off, there almost wasn't enough thrust? LOL major pucker I'm sure. Only bummer with something like this is there really isnt much you can do with it while in the air. Just lazy figure 8's...

Got to fly a jet one time. Got the thing up to 120 before backing off. Talk about a crazy experience trying to control a bullet coming at you from the ground. All controls are reversed :wink:

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Awesome!

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
thats insane! how is it a waste of money? they probably look at it as a waste of money to throw thousands of dollars into a car :p

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
One of my flight instructors sent me the video.
I fly RC gliders (real ones too) electrics and drive RC cars.
That is a major project and a real accomplishment.
I fly the low budget stuff, so when I crash, we just have another beer and get another one out.
The real turbine and jet RC stuff is insane, crash a plane with $10K invested, not for me.

·
Fossil Fuel Aficionado
11,025 Posts
That is amazing how they built that plane. Damn shame they crashed it.

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HOLY crap that is crazy. and its funny that we are talking about this when EAA is going on right now. i just thought of that

·
Wish I were in Wonderland
510 Posts
coold thread...thanks

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
That plane was just off-the-chain. I imagine this guy throwing a major hissy-fit when he crashed. That's just a shame must of took years to complete something like that.
Now he has room in his garage for a Magnum :rock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.