LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
tedbiele said:
Can I remove the AWD from my ride??
Sure you can! Careful use of some fishing line and some Goo Gone will take that AWD badge off in a jiffy! :mrgreen:

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
bipto said:
Sure you can! Careful use of some fishing line and some Goo Gone will take that AWD badge off in a jiffy! :mrgreen:
LMAO...That's the same thing I was thinking.

·
LX Padiwan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to add serious horsepower to the car and am afraid of the repercussions of adding it to the AWD car. Read: broken parts.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
tedbiele said:
I want to add serious horsepower to the car and am afraid of the repercussions of adding it to the AWD car. Read: broken parts.
Keep it AWD, you'll be glad you're not spinning like crazy when you take off like the RWD guys.

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
It would be cheaper, more cost effective, and better, to just trade the car in for a RWD version... if you don't want to break AWD parts.

·
LX Padiwan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lafrad said:
It would be cheaper, more cost effective, and better, to just trade the car in for a RWD version... if you don't want to break AWD parts.
I don't think that the awd would handle a 100 shot and/or a set of heads/cam......

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
The "weakest point" in the AWD system is going to be the transfer case. The Differentials get to split the power of the engine.. so they have no where near the stress that even a normal RWD HEMI engine produces.

Something else to consider is the "Safety" you get by being able to spin tires... the next weakest link will probably be your transmission.

Our transmissions have been seen to run with Port/Polish and a Supercharger... Don't think a 100 shot and Heads/Cam is going to hurt that...

So, back to the transfer case...

Figure out what a new transfer case costs... might be worth it to install the mods... and see what she holds... if you can get all that power to the ground off the line, (like no one else can do), That AWD with the 3.0x final drive will be a force to be recon'd with...

·
Faster than the speed of dark!
326 Posts
Sounds like trade-in time to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.