LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I are out today and stopped in at one of those drive in places... you know the ones with the car hops?

I know you can see where this is going huh... well its a pretty cool place but that doesn't help much with the upper 90's weather we have here today along with the killer humidity. So we pull in, give our order to the car hop and when she comes back with the tray, I roll down the window a bit to hang the tray and pay her, being careful not to let too much of that awful heat in the window!

As she starts to walk away, I reach out and grab the frosted mug full of lemonaide for my wife and discover that I needed to lower the window about an inch in order to bring it in the window. I touch the button and click...oh crap! I can't get my finger back under the switch in time to stop it... crash goes the tray with my frosted mug of root beer, our sandwiches etc... luckilly the place was not very busy or it would have been even more embarrassing!

My wife is still rolling, laughing at me, almost 12 hours later:( I tipped the girl more than our lunch since she had to pick up the mess and she brought us new sandwiches, fries and a new drink for no charge.

No damage to the mug that fell, or the car from the tray... just a seriously bruised ego:(

I could use a big :huddle: ! hahahaha

Don

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
When I read the title, I was wondering where this was going to go. I can really see that happening, as I've often put it in auto-down mode when I only wanted to move it a little. Sorry for your bruised ego... hope it mends soon. And, just remember, your wife is laughing with you, not at you! :huddle:

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
Your wife is better than me...I am giggling WITH you....at you...whatever!

Trust me, it would have happened to me too...

Lesson learned...just put the window down all the way to start..LOL

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.