LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for help from a forum member in the Austin, TX area, preferably one who is near the downtown Hilton and will be available SEPT 17-20...for a little support help.

There is an IDSA conference at the Hilton that a collegue of mine will be attending. At the conference, they run a pinewood derby unlimited competition. I dont think my entry will be able to be carried onto a plane and with her travel schedule, I dont want the expense of overnight and saturday delivery. Thats where you come in. I would like to ship my entry to your home prior to the event, have you tend to it, and then deliver it to her at the hotel. There also may be a second delivery that will need to be made to further sustain the entry...

confused yet? thats all the details I can publicly post. If you are interested, available and curious...PM me

thanks in advance

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
damn monkey, if this was a few weeks ago, i could have hooked you up. i was in killeen, tx. im sorry bro, but let me talk to some people that i have out there and I will let you know something.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
moparman53 said:
Why wouldn't it be allowed on the plane?
Technically "hazardous" material plus some monitoring equipment may look suspicious in the Xray and cause my peer to be molested by security.

·
Finally got a HEMI again.
10,473 Posts
Thanks, but I'm still confused. How can a piece of wood, two metal axles, and rubber tires be hazardous? Is she gonna rip off an axle and stab somebody? Is there something you're not mentioning? I work in Round Rock, so I'm not too awful far away, but I really hate driving into Austin anymore unless it's more or less urgent. Traffic is horrible.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moparman, you are thinking too much "in the box" i didnt say it was a pine wood derby ala boyscout rules...this is IDSA pinewood derby UNLIMITED. the only thing in common with the boyscouts is the track and the fact that they have to be free wheeling. The weight limit is 10 lbs and the materials are not defined. I want to push the materials envelope this year.

here was my entry last year:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.