LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
written by RandomAccess

Firstly, I want to thank all of you that nominated me… 8 times…I'm the Susan Sarandon of the LXForums… LOL… and then voted for me (all 85 of you).

I appreciate the campaign… I'm sure I wouldn't be here without your banners… LOL

I'm truly honored to be here on the wall of greatness. I echo the sentiments of the previous LXOM winners… this is truly a great community of friends… and an AWESOME "CAR CLUB"!!!

Contributions to the community:

I honestly wish I could participate more, but my job doesn't give me too much spare time… and I spend most of what I do have with the family… But here is what I gather the campaigning for me was all about:

Super Chips Tuner: Throughout 2005 we were all crying about unlocking the computer… So I tried to do something about it. I contacted Super Chips. I made contact with their lead engineer, (who also has a Magnum RT) to both gather our feedback in what should be included, and provided all the updates on progress etc…

I then help put together the mother of all group buys… It doesn't matter if you bought from HHP or other supporting vendor… We were able to drive the price down together and you ended up with almost 50% discount! I estimate there were over 400 tuners sold at the discounted price at a combined savings of $100,000+!!!
(Hmm… and I only got 85 votes )

High Flow Cats: More recently I've gotten involved in the High flow Cats group buy with HHP. Did some test fitting and helped with the AWD prototype. This also is the first and only part of its kind for the 5.7

In general, I'll throw in a hand for any of the local Meet and Greets (when I can)

What's next? I've been hearing that Jet Hot coating may help our heat soak issue… And I REALLY want those SRT / Daytona seats!

About Me

During the day I'm a computer scientist… I manage a team of developers that build Interactive Voice Response applications… (Automated phone systems)

You'll normally see me driving around in my Magnum with the wife in the front seat and two kids in the back. (I think I'm the only one here that has gone down the drag strip with two car seats in the back)

I started getting into cars in High School. At the time the object of my affection was my '79 Trans Am… Yeah my life was influenced by smoky & the bandit too…
Did a few engine swaps… 403 Olds -> 350 Rocket Olds -> 396 Chevy BB. I've done complete rebuilds on each, with the help of a mechanic that I befriended at the time.

After that… college came… Marriage came… Kids came… Cars went… Until Dodge released the Magnum… :) And you all know that story :) :)

The Magnum

Mods as of 8/2006:

• K&N Air Charger, Jet POWR-FLO TBI Spacer
  • Magnaflow cat back, HHP AWD High Flow Cats
  • SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ
  • Pioneer AVIC-D1
  • Cel Phone Mount, leather Console cover
  • And I use Royal Purple and K&N Oil filters.

·
What part should we make next???
6,932 Posts
Yeah... They were both nominated for 50 oscars and lost... LOL

·
6,932 Posts
Thanks... By the way... That last picture courtesy of ROB_AGD... He takes great drag shots!! (of CARS not the other Kind!)

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Congrats again Michael

Nice little speech. You've been a tremendous help to all of us.

Chasb

·
6,932 Posts
Hemi31 said:
So you posted a drag shot gettin:eek:wned:by a Buick...lol
Noooo! I kicked @ss and I have the slip to prove it.... At least I don't have a slip with a 17s quarter mile on it... ;p

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Nice about me and for the record I'm not looking for a doohickey for my car. I voted for you because I like you and you almost kicked my butt in February. It's finally your time and you had some worthy opponents.
Congrats and enjoy it you deserve it!

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
5,309 Posts
Congrats on your recent victory.

I also had a 79 T/A and thought it was one of Pontiac's best T/A designs. I bet we both wish we had one still sitting in our garages.

I just wonder how many converted GM people we have on this forum.

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
A most deserved win indeed. Congrats to you and thanks a heap for everything you've done for the community! :beerchug:

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
Congrats RA, it was definately your turn :rock:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.