LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LX Newbie
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting Daytona (R/T) rims on my G/F's Charger SE. The lug nuts look the same, are they???

·
Average Joe
252 Posts

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
9,301 Posts
I'm of the opinion that dcx cut some more corners in the lugnut area - Big-O in Greenville replaced 20 of mine because they "were rusted" - whatever that meant.

And I haven't found a socket in my inventory yet that I'm comfortable with the fit. Time to persue the summit link I think, unless maybe Electrofied will stock some 'nice' replacement ones... (?)

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
I may have spoken out of turn given the input from BToohey. I used my SXT lugnuts to attach the RT wheels. Unsure at this time about the SE lugs.

Either way it would be preferable to buy new lugnuts without the stainless "caps".

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
MikeEast said:
And I haven't found a socket in my inventory yet that I'm comfortable with the fit. Mike
It's the stupid chrome caps they use. In time they break loose and your lug wrench won't fit the cheap steel lug that's under the cap. I just got 16 from O'Rielly auto parts along with a lock set.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
The stock lugnuts are a joke, good for maybe 4 or 5 rotations.
Replace them with real chromed lugnuts and loose the fake capped ones, you may get stuck somewhere and not be able to get a lugwrench even on them!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.