LX Forums Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I honestly would ask a member with a 300 and STP (not sure if that combo exists) to take a read of their BCM to find the chassis number. Otherwise you can try going through the list of chassis types that have 5ZR + SDB in alfa. Although there are a lot of number that have no sales codes next to them which actually might be the right one. For example, 77 is the number that gave me STP. If it were me I would try the following numbers:

26 (why because non-STP RT was 76 and the STP version was 77 - jumps by 1)
35 (why because a non-STP STX charger is 24 but a STP version is 34 - jumps by 10)
77 (why because it works for a auto and manual challenger RT)

If these don't work I would then start with the types that have the 4 door and heavy duty suspension sales codes.

Hopefully going through the numbers won't cause any irreversible damage. A member on the challenger forum tried some numbers that did not work (he even tried a scat pack chassis type) but was always able to go back to his original chassis type without and ill effects. BUT there is always risk.
US wise there are no 300 with STP. I am sure the 300 SRT has the STP. but they appear to all be export cars in UAE or Australia. My thought are to find a 2017 Charger SRT with the Safety Tech Package. That would be the most similarly equipped car. Thanks for the suggestions. When I get a chance I will play with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
US wise there are no 300 with STP. I am sure the 300 SRT has the STP. but they appear to all be export cars in UAE or Australia. My thought are to find a 2017 Charger SRT with the Safety Tech Package. That would be the most similarly equipped car. Thanks for the suggestions. When I get a chance I will play with it.
Don't think the SRT chassis type will work on an RT. Like I said, a member on the CT forum tried a Scat chassis type on an RT and it did not work. Now alfa can change the country code as well but I am pretty sure that may cause some issue(s). I was trying to get folks to post up their BCM reads along with their build sheet so folks can compare configurations and options but it never took off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Like I said before you are a genius…. Need your opinion for my 300s with the 5.7. I have added the 3.09 gears and complete 6 piston Brembos, the car also came with the Safety Tec Package.. What Charger chassis type is most simular? I would like to try that and see if i can get the Launch Control to work.
BTW one thing I forgot to mention that there is also a switch in the PCM for launch control. Far as I can tell all +2015 challengers (GPEC2A engine controllers) have it enabled. Not sure about other models? Going to read my buddy's 2016 SXT charger's PCM to see if it is enabled by default.

·
LX Padiwan
535 Posts
OK, I re-scanned system ID using ALFAOBD Demo and I could see the data on my screen, but when I looked for the log file there was nothing?? I think maybe I will try to re-install the app and see what happens. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2017 300S shows "Chassis Type: Type 34 /(5ZR + SDB + BR2)". Idk if that implies its STP, but it seems identical to the SXT with STP from what I've read.

(My car is capable of completely disabling traction control.)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
My 2017 300S shows "Chassis Type: Type 34 /(5ZR + SDB + BR2)". Idk if that implies its STP, but it seems identical to the SXT with STP from what I've read.

(My car is capable of completely disabling traction control.)
Interesting, I have been keeping a list on CT as chassis type is not mentioned anywhere else on the web. That is one of a couple critical parameters when it comes to enabling launch control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting, I have been keeping a list on CT as chassis type is not mentioned anywhere else on the web. That is one of a couple critical parameters when it comes to enabling launch control.
I guess you can update the list. I will attach the factory values for my car.
Font Terrestrial plant Circle Darkness Number

Font Electric blue Graphics Darkness Brand
Font Midnight Electric blue Darkness Brand

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess you can update the list. I will attach the factory values for my car. View attachment 90428
View attachment 90426 View attachment 90427
Hello,

I have a 300 Limited that im converting into what i call an SRT-6, i’m in the process of replacing bumpers etc.

I have the SRT Drive Modes & Performance Pages in the cluster, but Launch Control & Traction Control Track do not work.

I was wondering if you could give me a copy of your BCM so i could attempt to do it? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 55 of 55 Posts