LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey I will add one 2017 Chrysler 300S. 5.7 with all options... SafetyTec Plus, Heated and Cooled Seats, Sunroof, Hids, Nav.
Chassis Type 25

I would also like to figure out how to active Launch Control, Adjust Transmission and Steering.

I have turned them on and they show in the uconnect. I just can not get either to work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry that was a typo...was adding your value but my fat fingers hit 7 instead of 5. I guess you can try the range of numbers I posted and see if you can get it to work. A member on the CT forum had and automatic challenger and he tried several different numbers ranging from the GT to SP and they did not work. Then he tried the RT manual number 77 and got his launch control to work. You will know if the number is no good as the ABS will still flag a mismatch config code.

Oh and don't you know I am not experienced...my hand was held and all this was given to me on a silver platter. :wink:
Thanks Man.... I will give it a try

·
Registered
98 Posts
Like I said before you are a genius…. Need your opinion for my 300s with the 5.7. I have added the 3.09 gears and complete 6 piston Brembos, the car also came with the Safety Tec Package.. What Charger chassis type is most simular? I would like to try that and see if i can get the Launch Control to work.

Yes, I have a buddy with a 2016 Charger STX that wants launch control. He gets the display on the EVIC but it does not work (gives no instruction to hold the brake and step on the gas) and that is because you need the correct chassis type to get the ABS to cooperate. I have searched the web and there is zero info on chassis types although alfaobd seems to add sales codes to some of the numbers which help identify some option for that chassis number but it still is a crap shoot. I guess you could go thru and try every number until it works but my fear is you can eventually brick either the ABS or BCM doing so.

For example, for chassis type 34 alfa shows the following sales codes (5ZR + BR2 + SDB). Using this link you can find out what the sales code means:
http://starparts.chrysler.com/starlibrary/reference_docs/salescode.pdf

5ZR = 4 door (tells me it is not a challenger)
BR2 = Brakes-15"-Disc/Disc W/Abs Lc-4 (honestly does not tell me much)
SDB = Heavy Duty Suspension (tells me it most likely has STP)

So as you can see not much to go on. Best way to find the right chassis type is to find someone with the STP option and ask for a read of the BCM.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I honestly would ask a member with a 300 and STP (not sure if that combo exists) to take a read of their BCM to find the chassis number. Otherwise you can try going through the list of chassis types that have 5ZR + SDB in alfa. Although there are a lot of number that have no sales codes next to them which actually might be the right one. For example, 77 is the number that gave me STP. If it were me I would try the following numbers:

26 (why because non-STP RT was 76 and the STP version was 77 - jumps by 1)
35 (why because a non-STP STX charger is 24 but a STP version is 34 - jumps by 10)
77 (why because it works for a auto and manual challenger RT)

If these don't work I would then start with the types that have the 4 door and heavy duty suspension sales codes.

Hopefully going through the numbers won't cause any irreversible damage. A member on the challenger forum tried some numbers that did not work (he even tried a scat pack chassis type) but was always able to go back to his original chassis type without and ill effects. BUT there is always risk.
US wise there are no 300 with STP. I am sure the 300 SRT has the STP. but they appear to all be export cars in UAE or Australia. My thought are to find a 2017 Charger SRT with the Safety Tech Package. That would be the most similarly equipped car. Thanks for the suggestions. When I get a chance I will play with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts