LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If so, can you take a read of the BCM and post up the number shown in "chassis type". I have a buddy that we are trying to get launch control to work but without the correct chassis type the ABS/EVIC won't show the message on the dash to apply the brakes and press the gas when launch is activated.

I know what the chassis types are for challengers but chargers use different numbering. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Your not trying hard enough fella. You want too much hand holding silver platter treatment.

Go to THIS FORUM THREAD and carefully read the 1st post and heed every word. Especially the backup instructions. Some of the following early threads are good too.
Backups are not something one can use to overwrite, they are for comparisons. Every time you make one it adds it to the end of the last one.
Bone up on norepad++ and the compare plug in.

This is a partial copy from one of my backups. Chassis Type is listed in Vehicle Config 3:

Good Luck

Vehicle Config 3:
Police Lighting Feature: Not set
Power Lift Gate Present: Not set
Power Right Sliding Door Present: Not set
Power Left Sliding Door Present: Not set
RKE System Present: Set
Sunshade Present: Not set
T-Case Type: Not present
Fuel Capacity: 73 Liters
Wheel Base: Not defined
FOBIK Safe Enable: Set
ELV Present: Not set
Window Express Feature Configuration: Front windows express only
Adjustable Pedal Feature Present (non-Memory): Not set
Auto Headlamp Feature Present: Set
Door Alert Feature Present: Not set
Two Fuel Sending Units Present: Set
Vehicle is an SRT: Set
Disable Display of Radio Clock: Not set
Chassis Type: Type 23
Display Outside Temperature Present: Set
HVAC Configuration: Dual Zone ATC
Vehicle Brand: Dodge
Display Compass Heading Present: Set
Interior EC Mirror Present: Set
ESCL system present: Not set
High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps: Set
Secondary Lock Present: Not set
Liftgate/Trunk Type: Trunk
Collision Mitigation System present: Not set
Forward Collision Warning present: Not set
Base TPM system present: Not set
Premium TPM system present: Set
Paddle Shift Feature Present: Not set
Sport Mode Present: Set

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Your not trying hard enough fella. You want too much hand holding silver platter treatment.
Really? Where was the hand holding when I figured out how to get enable launch control (read my thread on CT)? All I was asking was for a chassis type # for an SXT Charger with factory equipped STP.

I am not a noobie to alfa...just a noobie on this forum. I would also not call myself a noobie on the CT forum.

How to add STP & Launch control to an RT+ w/manual trans | Dodge Challenger Forum

Thanks for the Chassis number though.

BTW - the link that diboblo posted (see below) was all me...no hand holding or silver platters involved.

AlfaOBD Master Thread.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
BTW for you SXT charger owners that don't have STP you might want to give this a try:

Performance Pages Present: Present
Drive mode feature configuration: Set
Memory drive mode sub-feature configuration: Set
ESC drive mode sub-feature configuration: Set
Chassis Type: Type 23 (24 is the chassis type for a non-STP - hopefully the number gapi provided above is correct) Update: gupi gave me the chassis number off his 2013 RT+ so it won't work.
Super trac pack present: Set

Once all those changes are made you need to re-initialize the ABS module (follow the instructions given by AlfaOBD GUI).

Now how is that for silver platter, hand holding?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Go to THIS FORUM THREAD and carefully read the 1st post and heed every word. Especially the backup instructions. Some of the following early threads are good too.
Backups are not something one can use to overwrite, they are for comparisons. Every time you make one it adds it to the end of the last one.
Bone up on norepad++ and the compare plug in.

This is a partial copy from one of my backups. Chassis Type is listed in Vehicle Config 3:

Good Luck

Vehicle Config 3:
Police Lighting Feature: Not set
Power Lift Gate Present: Not set
Power Right Sliding Door Present: Not set
Power Left Sliding Door Present: Not set
RKE System Present: Set
Sunshade Present: Not set
T-Case Type: Not present
Fuel Capacity: 73 Liters
Wheel Base: Not defined
FOBIK Safe Enable: Set
ELV Present: Not set
Window Express Feature Configuration: Front windows express only
Adjustable Pedal Feature Present (non-Memory): Not set
Auto Headlamp Feature Present: Set
Door Alert Feature Present: Not set
Two Fuel Sending Units Present: Set
Vehicle is an SRT: Set
Disable Display of Radio Clock: Not set
Chassis Type: Type 23
Display Outside Temperature Present: Set
HVAC Configuration: Dual Zone ATC
Vehicle Brand: Dodge
Display Compass Heading Present: Set
Interior EC Mirror Present: Set
ESCL system present: Not set
High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps: Set
Secondary Lock Present: Not set
Liftgate/Trunk Type: Trunk
Collision Mitigation System present: Not set
Forward Collision Warning present: Not set
Base TPM system present: Not set
Premium TPM system present: Set
Paddle Shift Feature Present: Not set
Sport Mode Present: Set
Wait, so what vehicle is this off of? Is this a partial log from your 2013 Charger RT+?

Jesus...can't you read?! I am looking for a 2015+ SXT with factory equipped STP chassis type #. Don't bother replying because your posts are only good for two things...Jack and Sh!t.

Again folks I am looking for the chassis number for a 2015 SXT Charger equipped with STP. I need this number so I can enable STP/Launch control on my buddies charger...like I did for my challenger. The chassis number is not something that can be easily found or available on the web...I have looked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So folks this is what I have been able to figure out in terms of chassis code

non-STP Charger SXT = 24
STP Charger SXT = 34
non-STP Charger RT = 23
non-STP Challenger SXT = 44
STP Challenger SXT = ??
non-STP Challenger RT M6 = 76
non-STP Challenger RT A8 = 44
STP Challenger RT M6 = 77
STP Challenger GT = 68
STP Challenger SP A8 = 530 HP Chassis
non-STP 300S = 25

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey I will add one 2017 Chrysler 300S. 5.7 with all options... SafetyTec Plus, Heated and Cooled Seats, Sunroof, Hids, Nav.
Chassis Type 25

I would also like to figure out how to active Launch Control, Adjust Transmission and Steering.

I have turned them on and they show in the uconnect. I just can not get either to work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey I will add one 2017 Chrysler 300S. 5.7 with all options... SafetyTec Plus, Heated and Cooled Seats, Sunroof, Hids, Nav.
Chassis Type 25

I would also like to figure out how to active Launch Control, Adjust Transmission and Steering.

I have turned them on and they show in the uconnect. I just can not get either to work.
Yup you need the chassis number for an STP version of a 300S and then re-initialize ABS module to take affect.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You are much more experience then me here...….I see you posted earlier that Type 27 was also a 300. Do you know what year that one was?
Sorry that was a typo...was adding your value but my fat fingers hit 7 instead of 5. I guess you can try the range of numbers I posted and see if you can get it to work. A member on the CT forum had and automatic challenger and he tried several different numbers ranging from the GT to SP and they did not work. Then he tried the RT manual number 77 and got his launch control to work. You will know if the number is no good as the ABS will still flag a mismatch config code.

Oh and don't you know I am not experienced...my hand was held and all this was given to me on a silver platter. :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry that was a typo...was adding your value but my fat fingers hit 7 instead of 5. I guess you can try the range of numbers I posted and see if you can get it to work. A member on the CT forum had and automatic challenger and he tried several different numbers ranging from the GT to SP and they did not work. Then he tried the RT manual number 77 and got his launch control to work. You will know if the number is no good as the ABS will still flag a mismatch config code.

Oh and don't you know I am not experienced...my hand was held and all this was given to me on a silver platter. :wink:
Thanks Man.... I will give it a try

·
Registered
48 Posts
ChallyTatum,

Thanks for creating a repository of chassis codes. I thought I read on your CT thread that you are no able to fully disable ESC/TSC by holding down the traction control
button. Is this correct?

Was this accomplished through adding performance control and adjust to the correct chassis #?

Im following closely as I have a ‘16 Charger R/T (non STP) and would like to add the full ESC off functionality.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Holding down the TC button disables stability...I showed the difference in my CT thread. Before I would just get Sport mode TC deactivation which would let me do burnout but after enabling STP I can not turn off stability so I no longer have to fight it when I do donuts. Before with Tazer holding the button down would disable everything including ABS and would require a restart to enable it. Turning off stability is enough to allow you to do any crazy driving without sacrificing ABS.

https://www.challengertalk.com/thre...l-to-an-rt-w-manual-trans.678125/post-8553109

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to know! So, changing the chassis code is needed just for activating launch control, correct?
Yes, the chassis number is needed to get the EVIC to display the instructions when launch control is activated from performance control menu. Without the right chassis number, when you activate launch the EVIC does not display anything and hence launch will not activate.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts