LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Just trying to make it in this world
5,015 Posts
Yep, fn nice find. Either a con or someone got mad at her old man and dumped his arse.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is most likely a scam, reply to the ad as if your interested. I guarantee you the response will go something like this; My wife/husband /mother or some other relative has died, I am stuck in a foreign country and need to sell right away to buy medicine for my deathly ill child. They refer you to an e-bay add and tell you that the vehicle is be held in an e-bay owned compound and will be shipped as soon as payment is made (by the way e-bay doesn't have a compound). They make it seem as though the trans action is totally secure when in actual fact they are trying to outright rob you. The tip off for me is the way the add is written, there are adds all over craigslist written in almost the exact same style for way less money than they should. I usually respond and lead them on just to piss them off, I also forward the bogus e-bay part to e-bay security services. In one instance they had a heavily modified charger SRT8 for sale for like $13,000, was supposed to be here in Canada, the picture they lifted off the internet was the first giveaway, in the background all you could see is huge ferns and palm trees, it gets pretty warm here in the summer however if we have huge ferns and palm trees ill eat my shorts!!:pepper:

·
Nevermind my mind!
10,283 Posts
^^^Now, that I took another look at the pictures in that ad, it sure doesn't look like Phoenix. Who knows? It would be cool to find out if it is legit.

·
Pit Viper® - When all HELL breaks loose!
2,357 Posts
Most of the time if it sounds too good to be true... It's Bull$hit LOL :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I didn't think it looks like pheonix either, however I've never been there myself. It's a riot, have a few people ask for more info, guaranteed if they know where you are responding from the vehicle will be in the e-bay compound on the other side of the country, see how many different answers you get. When I bought my magnum no less than two of the private sellers I talked to were "In the middle of a deal" with an offshore buyer and the car would be going to England or where ever. However the buyer would send you a cheque for the value of the car PLUS shipping, you cash or deposit the cheque and once it clears you forward the required amount to the shipper say 3-4 thousand dollars. Instead of hearing back from the shipping company you hear from the bank, only to learn that the cheque was actually bogus and the bank has reversed the trans action. All except for the money you sent to the "shipping company" which is gone forever.

:banghead:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'd buy it in a heartbeat cash today. However I'm sure it's just a scam. For whatever reason, the SRT8 Jeep seems to be the scammers car of choice these days. Not sure why, but I've seen this one and others on autotrader just within the past couple of weeks. Same pics etc. I guess some people really are that stupid. :(

·
Officer are you sure???
304 Posts
Hello,

This 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is perfect inside and out. There is not a scratch on this thing. This Jeep is super fast and fun to drive. It has a 6.1 Liter engine that produces about 400 hp have 16,000 miles, trans Automatic, vin number 1J8HR78306C299893. The all wheel drive system provides instant acceleration without any wheel spin. It has stock sport suspension and sway bars so that this Jeep handles very well around the turns. It is also loaded with all the options such as:
Dual air controls - sunroof - Air Intake - Sport SRT wheels - Back up sensors - SRT Body Kit - Dual exhaust - Navigation - Power seats - power windows - Heated seats - am/fm satelite radio with 6-disk in dash cd changer - Rear entertainment center with 3 sets of wireless head phones - cruise control - traction control - rear fold down seats - suede seats with SRT logos in them - SRT Interior Package - and many more options
This Jeep has a clean car fax and has never been in any wrecks. It has always been garaged kept and never smoked in. The paint and interior is like brand new. I guess that's about it!
My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Nebraska. We brought the jeep with us. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 16,000 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .
Genuine reason for sale: my business didn't work out the way I planned.
Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the jeep is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast.. Will be shipped from here at our expense with Lufthansa Air Cargo and it will take 3 days to arrive to your address. The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this jeep so we can start the arrangements!

Paul.

--- On Wed, 10/29/08, ss95lt1 <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - $16000 (phoenix)
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 7:33 PM

Hello

How many miles
And how soon can I get it ?

·
Registered
964 Posts
LMFAO, I got the same thing. I'm going to play along and ask where to send the $$$. Then see how far it goes and possibly report it. :)

Hello,

This 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is perfect inside and out. There is not a scratch on this thing. This Jeep is super fast and fun to drive. It has a 6.1 Liter engine that produces about 400 hp have 16,000 miles, trans Automatic, vin number 1J8HR78306C299893. The all wheel drive system provides instant acceleration without any wheel spin. It has stock sport suspension and sway bars so that this Jeep handles very well around the turns. It is also loaded with all the options such as:
Dual air controls - sunroof - Air Intake - Sport SRT wheels - Back up sensors - SRT Body Kit - Dual exhaust - Navigation - Power seats - power windows - Heated seats - am/fm satelite radio with 6-disk in dash cd changer - Rear entertainment center with 3 sets of wireless head phones - cruise control - traction control - rear fold down seats - suede seats with SRT logos in them - SRT Interior Package - and many more options
This Jeep has a clean car fax and has never been in any wrecks. It has always been garaged kept and never smoked in. The paint and interior is like brand new. I guess that's about it!
My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in Nebraska. We brought the jeep with us. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 16,000 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow .
Genuine reason for sale: my business didn't work out the way I planned.
Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the jeep is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast.. Will be shipped from here at our expense with Lufthansa Air Cargo and it will take 3 days to arrive to your address. The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this jeep so we can start the arrangements!

Paul.

--- On Wed, 10/29/08, ss95lt1 <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - $16000 (phoenix)​

Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 7:33 PM​

Hello

How many miles

And how soon can I get it ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.