LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GHTOSLD: short for Ghetto-Sled
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am living in a really nice (overpriced) apartment on the 17th hole of the local golf course. I have a two car garage for my lonely magnum to park in, but sometimes i get the ambition to go outside and get a tan while i am washing/waxing/detailing/whatever. I was waxing the ride for the Midwest Meet and Greet for gatewaylx last friday, and while i was applying wax to the back hatch, i heard a guy tee off. Normally i wouldnt look, but i just glanced over intime to see the ball was in a direct crash course for the roof of my Magnum. I immediatly jumped up, and batted the golf ball away barehanded (yes, this was an ouch moment)
a few minutes later, the damned golfer had the nerve to come my way and look for his ball, then ask me "did you see my ball, i thought i hit it this way"
i told him that it was now on the fareway (50 yards away) and that he should be careful of such a nasty hook:doh:

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
should have got a driver and drove it at him when he was like 50 yards away!!!

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
I occasionaly loose one on a wild shot.
Especially when your buddy just nailed a drive 300 yards and you try to KILL one!!
NEVER go looking for a ball that went astray into someone's property!!
This can be dangerous and also costly.....
Get another ball of different brand out of your bag and be sure to hit it on the fairway!!
I've hit some houses and who knows what else, part of the deal, if you live on a golf course, you can expect broken windows, holes in your stucco, damaged cars, possible injury to Kids, pets or yourself.
Face it, there are lots of hackers out there.
I would gladly pay for replacing a window if if the homeowners insurance would not cover it. Just gotta find me first.

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
Thats the price you pay when you decided to live there.
I live on the 8th but made sure I bought behind the tee box.
5 years and not one ball my way...

·
Never thought I'd be on a boat.
869 Posts
We own a place in Vegas on a golf course. We've had the occasional golf ball in the pool, but no damage so far. The fairways are pretty wide.

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
There are two golf courses that boarder Hwy 71 through Bella Vista where I live. I've seen a few golf balls rolling down the road a couple of times. However, once, as I was driving along I saw a golf ball bounce right in front of my truck. It came from a 90 degree angle to the road. I looked over and saw a bunch of drunken a-holes trying to drive off the tee and across the road. Had I been hit I would have driven across the fairway and ran the SOB's down then buried them in a sandtrap. Of course I would have raked the sand in accordance with course rules.

·
GHTOSLD: short for Ghetto-Sled
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. Now that would be a sight to see. We have a driving range parellel to the road on the way to work, and i always see balls in the ditch across the road. If i ever got hit, i would prolly do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.