LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been really hot here and I expected a little jump in my So CA Edison bill, the previous month was $284.32

I got an email bill from Edison for this month:

$506.68

The usage was only a little more due to AC, the rates have gone through the roof!!

Please make me feel better and say your bill is higher!!
I'm like electric Nazi at home now, the Girls are ready ship me out!!

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
14.54 Cents per kw/hr here in Maine. How many kw/hrs did you use. BTW, I spend over $10,000 a year for heating oil.:sad:

·
Never thought I'd be on a boat.
869 Posts
Yep. Last month $150. This month $414. When I got the bill I actually went out and checked the meter to make sure they read it right.

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
I agree 100%! My electric bill doubled in size and I about fainted. $53 to $94!!! Got a 1200sq ft home and it hurt, but nothing like yours Daaayuuuum!

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Even my bill in Ontario Canada went up from the last one.. last bill was 150 or so.. this one was 380.. Hasn't been *that* hot so the AC has not been working too hard. Funny thing with our bills is that the electric company also collects for the water usage.. that went up too for some reason.. maybe it's just due to the pool being in use this time of year..

They alway seem to up the rate in the summer.. same with natural gas in the winter.. this year usage was below normal.. so they raised the rate.. so much for suply and demand..

Demand goes up, cost goes up
Demand goes down, cost goes up.. WTF.

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
We got on the "energy save" cylce - our A/C runs 15 minutes on and 15 off when there is a high demand for it. Because we signed up for this thru the power company, our bills are a fixed rate of $85 a month. If we use more power than $85 a month, it washes out in the months we use less than $85 worth.

·
Do work!
1,339 Posts
Oh don't worry...this has been a hot topic in my group too. I went from $388 to $742 in one month. Yes my usage was up but only by 1/3...and yet my bill doubled. Same across the board here....340 to 650....700 to 1100...( what the heck is he growing under lights in a closet huh..lol). But we all have bigger houses with pools, even still that was one heck of a jump. But guess what Mark...it's not done. SCE rates are going up one more time on August 1st according to the rep I spoke to.

I could have added an SRT to the fleet just in the price increase on my electric bill..that sucks.

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
Mine is rolled into my condo fees, I pay next year for last year :/

I am reverse cycle, I almost dont use heat in the winter, and I like the house cool in the summer.

I am looking into a better thermostat that I can have on time cycles, as I am not home over 12 hours a day I can turn stuff off during the day and kick it on an hour before I get home.

Blah

-R

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
I overpaid mine by forty bucks last month. Figured I'd spend it soon enough anyway.

When my water heater went out three days ago (who needs hot water when the garage is already 120?) I called PG&E to make sure it wasn't a problem on their end. My bill was already up to $269 and change with the overpayment. GOD only knows what it'll be for the full month.

And I gotta buy a dam water heater. I keep forgetting until I get into the shower inthe morning.

·
Thats no moon!
1,899 Posts
I'm on a co-op power company so our rates don't behave the same as everyone elses but our rate this month is 8.25 cents/KWH($210.02). My bill is up about 15% from last month with the same usage.

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
My sister in law lives in San Diego, and they don't have A/C....ever! I'da died a long time ago, can't sleep in a sweaty mess :doh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.