LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Magma said:
At first I thought you were talkin bout forklifts! Never had a problem with ours! HAHA

But WOW.... thats insane! Something out of a movie!!! Was that in Ontario? I remember hearing a huge investation of cattipillars somewhere north of the city (Thornhill maybe?).

Adam
Unfortunately I don't know where that is from. Look similar to a small nest in my tree. (which I sprayed already).. Pretty nasty eh? Makes me wonder why they didn't spray when they saw them all there.. pretty nasty.. imagine they get everywhere.

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
I used to collect those when I was little, kept them in ajar and took one to school each day...no wonder I never learned to write in cursive...I was always playing with Caterpillars.

·
MagMike
709 Posts
Yeah, I hate it when they pull onto the highway in front of me and sling mud all over..... oh, not that kind of Caterpillar.... The bug type, no issues - when you live in an area that has Scorpions and Tarantulas the size of your hand, the furry guys are kinda cute...

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
The only caterpillars I ever have a problem with are these: :sad:

...when they're riding on the back of these: :evil:

...and, invariably, they're in front of my car on a two-lane road doing 30mph in a 55mph zone, all the while dropping dirt clods and rocks on the road which then make a bee-line to my front fascia. :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
Looks like an episode of the X-Files

·
Faster than the speed of dark!
326 Posts
I've seen this in person before. Once every seven years or so the tent caterpillars break out and strip sections of bush. We once went fishing and all the trees by the boat launch were covered as per the pictures in the link. Even the water near the shore was covered.

Could not catch any fish. All the fish in the lake had gorged themselves on the bugs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.