LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sit here on the verge of taking a huge plunge with my car and I am asking myself....is it worth it? It is just a freaking car...why do I care so much about it? What if it is stolen? What if someone runs into me and all the work is for not?

Do I want to be fast..yes, but there will always be someone who is faster. Do I want something that is a head turner..I think I have that but I always can do more....when does it end? It is my daily driver and even if I wanted to sell it I would get shafted (currently 18K on miles).

Why do I / WE invest so much time into something that is nothing more than an inanimate object?

·
Playing with crayons
8,041 Posts
I have many new friends becuase of my inanimate object - modding lead me to lxforums, lxforums to many new friends. Who knew a inanimate object could do all that.

I 'll be back after next mod:)

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
Three words for jou.

Obsessive compulsive behavior. :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Take an afternoon off from the ride, everything will be fine in the morning. :zzz:

And remember what Haz said.........................it's the truth. :friday:

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
A lot of things are inanimate objects.

You put time and effort into your house... but a tornado/fire/hurricane/gopher could ruin all of that.
You put time and effort into your yard... <see above>
You put time and effort into a computer... but a bolt of lightning... and <see above>

Picking something to invest (time/money/effort) in, and be proud of, is something that makes you, you...

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
I know of no inanimate objects. Man has moved mountains, afterall.
I see blank canvases, incomplete canvases and completed canvases but I see canvases nontheless. I modded my first truck, my furst skateboard, my first bike, hotwheel cars before that and something tells me my mom had a tiedyed womb with a peace sign on it before I hopped out and said howdy.
I paint and sculpt the world around me as a sign of love so when I see something that has never been customized, I see a form of neglect. I'm no more capable of letting a vehicle rust away than I am ignoring a dog with a wagging tail. Modding is modivation; a testimony of a persuit for a perfection; an exemplification of a dream-chaser.
Mod on, you dream-chasin' fools. See ya on the journey.

·
Screaming In Digital
4,692 Posts
I look at it this way. If what I do to my Magnum made other important things suffer, i.e. Stuff not getting done around the house or not getting fixed when they broke then I wouldnt put the time or money into it. Bottom line I do to my car what I want and I can still afford to live where I do and go anywhere we want. When the time comes when I cant do that the car becomes something to get me from point A to B. Is it worth it to you, no one can answer that but you.

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
grinner said:
I know of no inanimate objects. Man has moved mountains, afterall.
I see blank canvases, incomplete canvases and completed canvases but I see canvases nontheless. I modded my first truck, my furst skateboard, my first bike, hotwheel cars before that and something tells me my mom had a tiedyed womb with a peace sign on it before I hopped out and said howdy.
I paint and sculpt the world around me as a sign of love so when I see something that has never been customized, I see a form of neglect. I'm no more capable of letting a vehicle rust away than I am ignoring a dog with a wagging tail. Modding is modivation; a testimony of a persuit for a perfection; an exemplification of a dream-chaser.
Mod on, you dream-chasin' fools. See ya on the journey.
Wow, that was beutiful :cry: . The testical of a true Hemisexual that was. :not_worth

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
Why?
I know why.
Because it ISNT an inanimate object. It is something that bears your mental, emotional fingerprint the very same way that a sculpture or painting or writing does.
If it was just putting parts on a car it wouldnt consume your thoughts.
If were just wrenching stuff together you would just be an underpaid mechanic with one customer.
No. I understand this. Among the truly possessed our cars are not machines, they are extensions of who and what we are. The have become physical avatars of our own etheric shadows. Even if we sell them, they carry whispers of our hopes and dreams and labors with them.
We are continually making this machines reveal and display our ghost, our very being.
I am very far from being burned out, now that I have a car that makes a flame burn within me...

·
<---- M for Mwaa Haa Haa
4,916 Posts
Everything from grinner's post to my post is exactly how I feel.

I took the weekend off from everything, just to take a break.

But, I am back on the mod train.....on to the back of the Charg-um now !!!!

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
Hell, I'm just getting started. I have some big stuff due this Fall.

My biggest problem is will I get the itch to sell/upgrade in a year.

·
nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah BATMAN!
2,062 Posts
I mod before my wife knows and before she buys the 25th pair of black shoes for our closet. By then it's too late!!!:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
Redfox0099 said:
I sit here on the verge of taking a huge plunge with my car and I am asking myself....is it worth it? It is just a freaking car...why do I care so much about it? What if it is stolen? What if someone runs into me and all the work is for not?
Supercharger?

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope.... Shaker Hood...wich might be done and shipped to me by the time I am 30 in 3 years :(

I would much rather beat someone with a naturally aspirated car any day than Turbo, S/C, or Nitrous (now a Cold Air CO2 system for making the air cold is fine be me though).

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
This thread was started by the FIRST Magnum SRT8 Convention CUSTOM WINNER!

You will be revered and you'll tell your grandchildren of your accomplishment.

Dudes will want to shake your hand when you're 73 and, quite possibly, you might still have this pioneering vehicle.

Now... you're defending champ!

Can you retain your crown? A repeat next year would be legendary... you could sell your endorsement to speed shops and maybe one day have DCX make a special RedFoxx version of the Magnum (kinda like a Shelby Cobra...).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.