LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Go Virginia Tech Hokies!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do it all the time. You know, blink your lights at folks after you pass a trooper shooting the other way or oncoming folks heading toward a trap you just passed. I just can't stand a small town Barnie trying to drum up revenue!

Here in Wisconsin I almost never get a "head's up" from anyone. Maybe it was just our rebel nature down South to do this, I don't know. Anyway, does anyone else do the same? I'm sort of doing my civic duty, as my blinking my lights does slow folks down, which is why "the man" is out there, right? :grin:

Hokie

·
Two tons o' Hemi powered fun!
390 Posts
I do it myself. If you can believe it, I've heard of people actually getting tickets for doing that in some places. Something about 'interfering'?

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
I'll do it to warn people of accidents or other reasons traffic might be backed up on their side of the road.

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
I always do it to warn the on-coming of any "situation" that deserves caution.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
I'm guilty. I do it too. Come to think of it... I do it much more often than I Receive warnings (flashing lights) from others... can't remember the last time I received...

I also flash to let trucks know when they have cleared my front and it's safe to merge back to the slow lane... but that was BEFORE i got my Maggie! Don't think I'll be in that situation too much. They usually flash their running lights as a thank you.

I also flash to pass if someone is just cruisin in the fast lane.

I did this on the autobahn in Germany and my German friend thought that was the rudest thing she had seen... figured that (of all places) would be an appropriate place to flash to pass... try not to do this much - very rarely.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I tend not to do it around my area cuz lots of people are a-holes and they deserve to get pulled over if they are speeding that much... if they are going with the flow of traffic they have nothing to worry about... Of course I am kinda a hypocrite in the fact that I like when people warn me but choose not to do it back... I do however warn people if there is a huge pile up and their window is down... i'll tell em they might wanna hang a u-turn and go a diff way

(edit: i do also flash my lights for truckers trying to mege so they know there is enough room)

Then again I am opposed to the "entrapment" laws... if you weren't doing something wrong in the 1st place, you should havn't to worry about getting caught...

·
In the sea of life, we are all minnows!
108 Posts
I drive 60 miles each way to work on what's considered a dangerous stretch of road, mainly because people drive too fast. I know all the Troopers hiding places and flash all the time. I guess after 6 years of daily travel on that highway, I kind of feel like that's my road! (OK........maybe not, but I haven't been pulled over........ OMG.....I hope I didn't just jinx myself.... knock on wood!)

·
In the sea of life, we are all minnows!
108 Posts
And speaking of traps and revenue....In Colorado Springs, Colorado, they have motorcycle cops all in groups of 4 to 6, and all day long they sit at the largest intersections and write tickets for speeding or running yellow lights. The local news reported $6,000,000 in tickets last year!!! They expect to double by next year! If you plan a trip to Colorado Springs *HEADS UP*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.