LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
My other cars has 2 wheels
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was watching the news this morning just find that the magnum is rapidly becoming the car to steal besides the accura, Cadillac truck, The new said that the are selling to speed and performance shops. ????? what are the speeds shops doing for performance anyone know? If the R/T is the motor to have then what mods are they making for performance? I want in.

Woman shot during carjacking

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Star-Ledger Staff
A 22-year-old East Orange woman was in critical condition at University Hospital in Newark last night, after she was shot once in the head in a carjacking that originated in East Orange, police said.
She was found in a red Dodge Magnum in a Newark parking lot around 7 a.m., a half-hour after the carjacking was reported to police.
Advertisement

The Magnum was stolen on South Harrison Street in East Orange. A male passenger was taken out of the car, but the female victim remained inside, police said.
The car was found in Newark in a commercial parking lot on South Orange Avenue near Sanford Place. A black male wearing a camouflage jacket and blue jeans was seen fleeing from the scene.
Newark police are requesting anyone with information to call (973) 733-4339.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
Just consider yourself lucky Illinois doesn't allow concealed carry... **shakes head**

·
Bring out your dead!
1,185 Posts
Super T said:
Just consider yourself lucky Illinois doesn't allow concealed carry... **shakes head**
i'm all for personal protection...

i bet anything that the suspect did not have a permit to carry the weapon used in the crime

still - it is a terrible thing.

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
i had my magnum stolen here in hawaii. they caught that MOFO that did it he was speeding 40 in a 25... lucky that the gate guards were doing checks that night. the guy that had it had like 2 or 3 laptops (stolen) and a few dodge keys (stolen).

·
Saving the world one leg at a time!
3,934 Posts
Very sad....It always disgusts me to hear about things like this....
One question though, why was the car still there if this was a car jacking? Aren't you supposed to take the car when you car jack someone? Hmmmm

·
My other cars has 2 wheels
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn did he use one of the keys to take your car?
hawaiiHEMI said:
i had my magnum stolen here in hawaii. they caught that MOFO that did it he was speeding 40 in a 25... lucky that the gate guards were doing checks that night. the guy that had it had like 2 or 3 laptops (stolen) and a few dodge keys (stolen).

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
yepp all the details i was told is he had a few keys I think uncut, and some laptops...

Chic said:
Damn did he use one of the keys to take your car?

·
24,673 Posts
undertaker - that's my point. the crooks carry anyway, and the 'honest people' don't stand a chance. i have 4 inches of serrated gerber that might help if i'm jacked at knifepoint... if he has a gun, well, clearly i shouldn't stand between him and my hard-earned car!

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Yet.

Stand by.

Don
Super T said:

·
Southern by the grace of God
819 Posts
I had a 85 Monte Carlo Super Sport stolen a few years ago.

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
My Magnum is my replacement vehicle after my Xterra was stolen out of my driveway this past November. Insurance company dragged their a$$ completing the claim ... they finally paid me at the end of January.
As far as being Carjacked I'd let them have it even though I carry a small arsenal (sp) of various weapons in my Magnum.
Does anyone have Lo-Jack or something similar? I've been considering Lo-Jack not only for vehicle return but the 30% insurance discount.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
Might be a reason to put some black tape over the vin#

·
24,673 Posts
if he's cutting keys off of vins, he works for, or has an in who works for, daimler-chrysler... there should be a lot of people going to jail if that was the case. we had an '88 caprice in absolutely immaculate condition, full options, stolen less than 48 hours after we bought it off of my great uncle's estate. on the plus side, the insurance paid us way more than the car cost us due to it coming from family, but it still only got a '91 cavalier instead. **sidetrack** is that 30% insurance discount pretty much an industry standard for lojack? hell, i'll install it next week!

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
Black tape or a small piece of Vinyl over the VIN is a good idea.

As far as the 30% discount, I don't think its that high for the complete premium. However, the way Ins. Co's itemize everything, it could be 30% of a particular line item.

When we got it on a 4Runner (about 7 years ago) and purchased LoJack our premium discount was almost not worth it.

·
LX Padiwan
858 Posts
I was wondering about that, with the security key...

Once people can no longer hotwire a car, it just means that
if they want it, they have to carjack it from you...

So in some ways, the security of the car makes it more
dangerous to you personally...

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Covering up your VIN is illegal in every state.. so I'd be weary that you only cover it when you park and pull it off when you drive JIC you get pulled over and the cop tries to read it....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.