LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes I've owned a few scats, but never a cat. I'm told I'll have it Sunday! Just curious if any of you suggest or recommend anything like early oil or diff fluid changes etc.? I never really did that in my scats but I didn't keep them past 30k or so (until this one that my son has now).. but I want to be more careful with the cat in case I want to keep it longer or have no choice but to keep it longer (replacements are now hard to get lol)

also I recall during the first 500 or 1000 miles I believe the manual says not to go above a certain rpm for the first few hundred and not stay at constant speeds etc. I did do this in the scats.. do you all follow these, I imagine its the same for the cat?

Lastly, any must have items different than the scat or just the normal things? tires soon lol, power stop pads, etc.?

Thanks guys, finally after waiting since 12/14 I should have this thing Sunday.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also dare I ask this stupid question? I imagine only 91/super/93 whatever ... premium fuel only?

I have been mixing in some 89 in the scat every other tank or so and it doesn't seem to run any differently so I'm just asking... don't destroy me for this post....premium around here is now almost $1.00/Gallon more.

And no, I did not buy this for MPG, I bought it for smiles per gallon but I'm still human and not a billionaire... plus I pay for the son's gas in the scat and the wife's gas too LOL... it's like a mortgage payment at these rates.. at least the wife's leased volvo gets the cheapest 87 I can find and it runs great hahah...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats on the new car. You should buy a catch can for the HC because with forced induction you have a lot of blow by. Some people will say it isn't necessary but you will catch a lot of oil on the passenger side. I would get your paint corrected and ceramic coated. Then put some PPF on the entire front of the car, mirrors and the front of the rear fender flares. They catch a lot of rocks. And on that note make sure you buy some rock guards front and back. You won't even see they are there after a while.

Yes, always use premium. No reason to go cheap on an $80k plus car. It is made for premium so use it.

·
Red trucker
1,218 Posts
Well, the 392 is designed for premium as well lol. Safe bet it's pulling timing every now and then (only way to know for sure would be to datalog). Break in procedure should be in the owner's manual. This from a newer SRT (applies to both 6.4 & 6.2) owner's manual:
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup just found a manual online and been following break in to a tee.

And thanks for the suggestions .

I’m probably going to install the power stops this weekend as the dust in one day is insane. That’s first along with tint hopefully today .

It’s very different from the scats for sure…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts