LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Massholio
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey we're sweatin' here!!
The air conditioner decided to go on vacation the other day.
None of the fuses seems to be for the AC.
Does anybody have a list of the relays in the fuse box?
And if so, are any for the AC?
TIA LXsters!!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
No fans or no cold air?

·
Massholio
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No cold air.

Plenty of hot air, not just from me.

No Klunk when the button is pushed, tho the yellow LED goes on.

Regular, re-circulate, defrost, no diff.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Fuse 4 and Fuse 22 in the Module Integrated Power

Relay 87 A Relay AC Clutch

Fuse 14 in the Power Distribution Center

Those are the fuses in the circuit... check under the hood on the passenger side for the one fuse panel and in the back by the battery for the other.

Kinda hard to diagnose on a forum... could be a frozen up condensor coil

·
Massholio
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Checked all the fuses last night so relay 87A's gonna get a look.
It had not been run, so probably not a frosty condensor.

Those pix in the KB are just the thing, thanks ZMag.

·
Massholio
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS we are cool again

swapped relays between Compressor and Horn positions
and HALLELUIA we have AC. It's a long commute and I've
become quite the heat-wimp so thhis is great news.

The horn honks... so the relays are both OK...?
This will take more snoopin'.

Thanks again Expertos, you saved the day!
Pour yourself a tall frosty.

·
OT on the LX 15 tails
597 Posts
Since we're on A/C and I didn't know if this warrants a new thread.
I'd like to post a couple issues I've had with my 3.5 Magnum.
It started when I began using the air this year with a groan from the engine compartment at idle in gear with the air on (reminicent of a low power steering pump) only when the air is turned on, it seems to go up and down in volume. I also noticed that the air wasn't as cold as It should be. Two weeks ago while down in Pennsylvania the air let go with a cloud of fog from under the hood, I was told the compressor let go and according to the work order it was replaced along with the dryer.
Now yesterday when I pulled in to work the groan was was even worse than when it went in Pennsylvania and I was treated to another huge cloud pouring out from under the hood.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this air problem and what the cause of it was and the cure.

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
kevdupuis said:
Since we're on A/C and I didn't know if this warrants a new thread.
I'd like to post a couple issues I've had with my 3.5 Magnum.
It started when I began using the air this year with a groan from the engine compartment at idle in gear with the air on (reminicent of a low power steering pump) only when the air is turned on, it seems to go up and down in volume. I also noticed that the air wasn't as cold as It should be. Two weeks ago while down in Pennsylvania the air let go with a cloud of fog from under the hood, I was told the compressor let go and according to the work order it was replaced along with the dryer.
Now yesterday when I pulled in to work the groan was was even worse than when it went in Pennsylvania and I was treated to another huge cloud pouring out from under the hood.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this air problem and what the cause of it was and the cure.
sounds like pressure release valve blowing off excess pressure. this is usually caused by inoperative cooling fans or system blockage.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
Also check for codes that can cause the AC to not blow cold... I had some and then they cleared and the AC came back on cold as ever..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.