LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NO LONGER A LX OWNER
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that every Daytona I see they know what number car they have out of 4000.
I have a R/T RT and I was wondering are they're a certain amount of road and track editons. If so how do I find out what number mine is.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Heavy H.P. said:
I notice that every Daytona I see they know what number car they have out of 4000.
I have a R/T RT and I was wondering are they're a certain amount of road and track editons. If so how do I find out what number mine is.
Only the Daytonas are numbered.

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
A friend was asking me yesterday if the SRT8 is a special edition, I said no, but not as common as an R/T or Daytona. Was I wrong in saying the SRT8 is not a special edition?

·
Power With Control
1,730 Posts
Well,l not kinda, maybe, sorta:) Since total production of all Daytonas was about 8K Stateside (4K each GoMangos and Top Bananas, 2K Torred) and total SRT-8 Charger production was between 4-5K, then SRT-8 Chargers are more rare.

But, they are not numbered, and technically, I suppose since each color was less than total SRT-8s, each color is rarer:)

"Special edition" is the crux of it. How do you personally define "special". For me, its having one thats head and shoulders above its brethren, performance-wise. I think performance is special:) Some folks think a numbered plaque and unique color is special, to each his own.

Some folks think nothing that rolled out the factory is, and only what they do makes a car special, are they right?

(shakes upside down and empty Cambells Can'oWorms, tosses it clinking into the corner)

There you go, a definitive sorta answer:)

·
LX Newbie
8 Posts
When I picked up my Red Daytona a couple of days ago I thought there were 4000, just like the yellow and copper...I was pleasantly surprised to see when I got home and looked at the dash that there are only 2000

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
The SRT8 Magnums are even more rare than the SRT8 Chargers. There was only 141 built in 2006 for Canada. 2970 in total so 2829 in total for the US.

I'd love to know where mine is positioned in the build sequence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.