LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Simply Wicked
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...whos got headers and what brand seems to have the most bang for the buck?? Any problems in mounting?? I've heard different reports so I thought I'd go to the people who have them on their Magnums. I'll be adding headers to my mods list over the winter.

·
LX Padiwan
200 Posts
I dont have them, but personnaly think there not worth the money. Well I take that back. Depends on your ride, I have the mag srt8 and they come with headers already.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
I have the Gibson Headers, ran 'em for about 8 months waiting for their catback. Gibson installed them as I was one of the R&D vehicles they used.
I dynoed at GIFO just under 300 HP to the rear wheels on a really tough dyno, this was after the Gibson catback and SC 91 performance tune.
I average 21+ MPG in a Magnum R/T and have much improved midrange performance, sounds great too.

·
Aged to Perfection, Old Guys Rule!
922 Posts
Mopars.

Ceramic coated, with high flow cats, $999 @ Mopar Super Center. No fitment issues. Noticeable increase in power and throttle response. Better MPG. And they are Mopars. What's not to like?

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
Gibsons here. Very nice incress in the area under teh curve, your not going to see a HUGE gain in power but the tq and power curve get fat like a family after Thanksgiving dinner.

If your going to be looking down the road at ported heads or the like you may want to go with I think the JBA's as they use a little bigger primary tube.

-R

PS - if you want to look at dyno graphs look at the link in my sig

·
Simply Wicked
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info. I guess I should have mentioned that I do have the R/T.

·
King of Logistics
567 Posts
If you come to decide you'd like to try the Gibson ones, let me know. I've got a thread in Sell and Swap that I am selling a brand new set for under $600 shipped.

:beerchug:

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
IMHO... if you're gonna' drop the coin on headers, get long-tubes with the high-flow cats. Whether you go kooks, dynatech, mopar, etc., you might as well get the (albeit it ever so slightly) less restrictive flow characteristics of the long tube... not to mention they look cooler!

·
Clever Disguise as a Responsible Adult
5,801 Posts
quarky42 said:
There is a sale on JBAs from a vendor here. premier truck I think. The price was very good. Out of my range since I need to get towing equipment first before my next performance mod.
Are yiou towing with an LX? I just ordered the OEM hidden hitch receiver/adaptor/wiring harness from MPSC. Reese make a real neat little 4000# load equalizing hitch too. I am getting that in the next week or so.

This week I am having the receiver AND my Mopar LT headers/cats installed. the exhaust must be lowered to install the receiver so why not just put the headers on whikle the exhaust is off?

Here is a link showing the set-up. MPSC has a much better price though. The receiver/adaptor/harness were just over $300 including shipping from MPSC.

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_charger/Dodge-Charger-Towing-Accessories-C2250.aspx

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
I have the Dynatech long tubes with the high flow cats. The sound is awesome. More power apecially in the low end torque department.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
They are a worthwile mod. I would go for the $600 Gibsons. I have Dynatec long tubes, nice but pricey. JBA's on my Ram were very well made also, but more than $600.

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
Let me add if you settle on getting headers no matter short or long I would spring for the Jetcoat. It really is worth the expense.

·
KravMagaSpokane.com
1,476 Posts
I have JBA's and I beat a Charger at the track with long tubes, but I also have the Superchip but can't have that with the longtubes. Install was ok and love the sound, no problems so far. Later

·
Simply Wicked
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why can't you have the Superchips Tuner with long tube headers?????
Thats seems to be on some of the other cars here???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.