LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I get a call from my cousin to see if I wanted to get out of the house; I said "sure". He came over and of course what do I see in the driveway..a Chevy Trailblazer SS. First of all let me tell you about how he is. He has always got to top everybody! Like earlier this year I bought my new Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop; a month later he buys the Dell XPS laptop...Just to top me. Another instance is; last year I bought my '02 Dakota SLT Quad 4x4. A couple months later he buys a loaded '02 Trailblazer. Well anyway like I said he's always gotta top..ok ME!
Most of you know earlier this month my wife and I bought a '06 SXT Magnum AWD. I was so excited because this is my first BRAND NEW car. I take it over to show him, and he's like "its ok; What, you couldnt get the HEMI"? He always ruins the excitement! I was pissed..I shrugged it of though. So today when I saw the SS in my driveway; I acted like it was no big deal; like it was his old TrailBlazer. The thing about it was it still had the sticker on it. Come to find out he was just test driving it. I was thinking; he just bought his '02 TrailBlazer about 6 months ago, and since I bought my Magnum; he's got to TOP me as usual!
He asked me if I wanted to go to the dealership to make the deal...He was sure he was going to get it. He said he was getting a sweet deal on it, and he was getting it for $28k. I was thinking I'll believe it when I see it! We get to the lot and the salesman comes up and asked him if he was ready to make the deal. He shoots a price of $35k. My cousin is like I thought you said in your e-mail that it would be $28k? The salesman said you've gotta consider tax, title and license. I was kinda laughing inside, and relieved. I was thinking I FINALLY TOPPED HIM! I know its not a contest, but he just pisses me off sometimes when Im excited about getting something new; then he ruins my glory by making remarks and trying to top me.. It feels kinda gratifying.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
people like that grate on you... i know how you feel. shoulda asked him if he wanted a ride in the wagon to make him feel better. better yet, you should say 'what, you can't go get a magnum with the hemi?' that might set him off :p

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super T said:
people like that grate on you... i know how you feel. shoulda asked him if he wanted a ride in the wagon to make him feel better. better yet, you should say 'what, you can't go get a magnum with the hemi?' that might set him off :p
Well; after I bought my Magnum he did go test drive a SRT-8, and he called me that day to tell me; I think he did it to brag. Then he mentioned that he was getting a promotion at work that would triple his monthly income. He mentioned to me in that same call that he was thinking of getting one...If that didnt piss me off too! He never before mentioned about wanting a Magnum; let alone a SRT-8 Magnum, until I bought mine.
When test drove the SRT-8; he was pissed that the sales person wouldnt let him SLAM on it. I thought it was funny! Hell; if I was the sales person; I wouldnt either (especially the way he drives...hes totalled 3 cars). If that car gets ruined its all on the sales person.

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
It stinks that your cousin does that - takes the wind out of your sails. He's a wet blanket, man. :roll:

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
He' probably trying to make up for having a teenie weenie------- IQ or use your imagination. We all have relatives like him. He must have been impressed with your Magnum to try one out at least.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IllicitMagnum666 said:
Well congrats man. Now get your @$$ to the dealership and buy an SRT and go burn out in his driveway. HEHEHE.
Sorry, Im already $30+k in debt for my SXT, and I just bought it...Im not going to trade it in and take a $5+k hit. I dont do **** like that. I like the one I got.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Actually I live in a mobile home, but it's paid for and its mine!

What's sad is we did a ******* thing....We bought a car thats worth more than our house! LOL

That fact hit us when we drove the car off of the lot. We were sitting at a red-light, and I told my wife "Do you realize that our car is worth more than our house"? She then smacked her forehead, and said "OMG; WE ARE ********!!!"

LMFAO!!!

·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmK
753 Posts
Man I have 2 sisters like that!!! They dont try to top me or anything like that but everytime I get excited about something there like yeah whatever!! But if they get a new car or whatever they expect you to be head over heels for them!! It pisses me off!!!

·
Belly your cans up on to the Oasis Bar
3,782 Posts
Your'e men, pull out the knads and show 'em. Tell him up front it pisses you off, don't dance with him on this.
If he still continues he doesn't have respect for you as you shows none for how you feel. You don't accept that from a non family member-you don't need to take it from a relation. Tell him when he decides to show respect come on back and have a beer. Until that happens lose him.
Life is short, no need to be agravated as it passes you buy.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Well, he obviously has no imagination either.... a Trailblazer... thats soo 3 years ago ;) At least you went with style and innovation and imagination!!!

Aint nothing wrong with the SXT, be proud, besides you'll pass him at the gas stations :p

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
Nothing wrong with an AWD SXT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.