LX Forums Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Hemi Reg#1120
5,687 Posts
I have been reading several treads with people having a shudder in their transmission . hearing about going to the dealer time after time with out it being fixed. Put the bottle of friction modifier in it. Ive used it in several nag1 trannys it should stop the shudder in 10 miles or less. I put it in mine 30k ago the shudder has not returned . It's a cheap fix, not a band-aid. in most cases the shudder is in the torque converter lock up clutches not smoothly engaging and disengaging
Ford GM and Mopar all make the stuff for limited slip differentials IT WON'T HURT YOUR TRANSMISSION. and it's cheap.I have solved this kind of issue in Ford trucks dozens of times when the people who sold them to me thought they needed a Transmission or torque converter

Part # 4318060AB
I'd especially like to thank the OP for this thread! I've owned my Maggie for 15 years now, kept up with all the fluids at the prescribed intervals, then recently let the trans fluid go over by only 15k miles (at 136k miles now) and the trans started shuddering.

Dealer, or should I say stealer, took me for an expensive ride to do the trans filter and fluid exchange (13-qt) and although it did improve the condition, it still didn't fully eliminate it.

$14 later, 3 days shipping and this little 4-oz bottle of friction modifier shows up at my mailbox. All it took was 2 ounces to smooth the shudders away.

Thanks OP!

Reactions: pursuitlx

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Just Curious if you previously had or performed the TSB for the AC condensation drain drip reaching the fill tube O-Ring?

And for the old thread haters, I know its an old thread, and there is a reason they do not expire and get deleted.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts