LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it has nothing to do with my Mag, but something more important. My 21 year old son just finished up with the Army's 101st Airborne and a trip in Iraq. He's home and doing well.:rock: His older brother soon to be 25 retires after playing hockey in the Southern Professional Hockey league and what does he do???? He joins the Air Force. We attended his graduation this past weekend at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. Can't tell you how proud we are of him and his brother, not to say the rest of our kids in this country that do what they have to for us. Hard for many to understand, but, next time you see a soldier say thanks for doing your part. You'd be surprised how much they don't make for putting their life on the line so we can chat here and do the things we do.. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Chasing Dreams
3,354 Posts
There is a special breed of person in the world who believes so strongly in the gift of Freedom that they are willing to do whatever it takes to defend it. That person is the American Soldier.

Salute them both for me. They have my full respect.

·
A Soldiers' Mom
4,562 Posts
Congrats, it is a special feeling to see them Graduate. My son joined the Marines. He just went to California, from Pensacola, to continue school. They don't hear it enough, Thank You that is, for what they do. My son was so proud when someone he didn't know offered to buy his dinner at McDonald's as a Thank You.

·
I dunno......
3,884 Posts
What a wonderful thing for your family...I know your hearts are spilling over with love and pride...congrats!

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
Being in the military myself, I enjoy what I do and I take pride with my job. It really takes a lot of courage to do what we do. As dadshemi said our pay isn't that good, I would possibly make double if I were out doing some of the same stuff as now in the civilian world... Well thanks to everyone that has severed and is serving this great country.

:carryflag

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Thank them for me for the service and commitment to freedom. AND thank YOU for bringing them up to hold such values.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
I'm glad our country has young adults such as your sons who are willing to serve our country and that there are fathers like you who support their decision.

We need more people in this country like your family.

Thanks to you and your sons. - Thank Mom too... I'm sure she had a hand in 'modding' your offspring into the fine examples they have become.

Throw up some pics if you have them! Let's see your sons in uniform!

:carryflag

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
Congratulations on doing a fantastic job raising them too. They have my respect and prayers

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
say thanks to them for me too. this country is a better place because of young men and women like them,... god bless

·
LX Padiwan
395 Posts
Well tell son #1 welcome and thank you for doing what you do over there. I also want to welome your son into the ChairForce, Most know that as a joke but just in case you didnt, I am joking.
I been in the AF for 6+ years now, but been Military since '92 and even though I have a job that doesnt put me in harms way, I applaud those who do, it takes a certain individual to do so.
Any idea what you son will be doing in the AF to soon to find out where he is going, I found that to be the hardest part.

Hat off to both and you family. Until a family becomes apart of the military family others just dont understand.

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Congrats to you, 2 boys to make you proud, we're going to have son #2 in December, and as someone who did 8 years in the Chairforce, but I was in combat communications, which meant you get to go to all that dangerous combat zones and setup phone/internet for all those other branches that only know how to use a moblie radio pack and that's about it :Na_Na_Na_Na: Just kidding.....I've met some smart army communicators during my tour. But don't think for a second just because he's air force he won't see his time in iraq or afgahnistan, it's totally possible today. But I wouldn't think twice before sending my sons off to serve their country when their time comes, I know my wife would be kicking and screaming, but it takes folks to put in the work/time/effort to keep america free....god bless you and your boys and every other family that has a son or daughter doing their part in US military, whatever the branch :carryflag

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Right on! Whenever I see anyone in uniform, I go out of my way to shake their hand and say thank you for putting themselves in harms way and watching out for our country.
A big hurkin' thank you to your children and all others serving this great U.S. of A!

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
Tech controller, started at Tinker with the 3rd Herd and then got lucky and ended up in fixed comm in the 72nd from 93-97, then off to kunsan korea for 98, then ramstein afb with the 1st combat comm from 98-01....many side trips include Dahran SA, Cervia Italy, and Sarajevo, a few other spots I can't say :)

·
LX Padiwan
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all for your support. I can tell you that when my youngest was in Iraq we never slept much and he was always on our minds. My heart bleeds evrytime I hear about one of "our kids" being hurt knowing they are doing their job. Thanks God for them and everyone before them. I can't say what my oldest is doing because we don't know. But he wears the blues well. In case you all don't know the Air Force has realigned some and now has ground forces too I hear.

·
Converted Chevy Guy
8,968 Posts
Rightfully proud - and glad you posted it here. Thanks to your sons for their noble military service. We wouldn't be driving the best 4 drs in the world if it wasn't for them and the ones who have gone before.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Congrats to both your sons and may God bless them and your whole family for supporting them!! I did 20 myself and retired from the greatest Navy the world has ever known just two years ago. I'm still working for a defense contractor. Just can't get it out of my blood completely!!

·
Uber
517 Posts
Hockey playing American Soldiers....you raised some great boys!!! :wink: You should be proud!
A quote my brother-in-law (Army Major who returned from a long time in Iraq) has at the bottom of his e-mails, I think puts it well is:
"Freedom--For those who have fought for it, it has a special meaning the protected will never know."
I am so grateful to him, your sons and the men and women who do so much for us all. :carryflag

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.