LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have waited till I had some time into this before posting but I think a 1600 mile trip to the SRT Nationals 2 weeks ago and a 2600 mile trip to the SE Shindig can allow me to say........... I HAVE NO MORE CEL FROM MY HEADERS/HIGH FLOW CATS.

I added the spacers to my O2 sensor locations and instead of getting a CEL every day I haven't had one in over 4K miles and almost a month.

So go on, get you some too, but be sure if you use anti-cease that it stays on the threads of the metal and doesn't get into the O2 sensor or it will screw it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180002338410&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

*** I do not work for this company and am only trying to help the rest of yall...DUH***

·
PPP-Tech
634 Posts
post on chargerforums some months back said:
The spacer (non-foulers) worked for me.

And please buy the Autozone - HELP! brand- PN 42009, 18mm sparkplug non-fouler. Don't buy the "Mechanical SIMS" on EBAY. These are the exact same parts but who ever is selling them is drilling them for you. They are very easy to drill.
They come one pair to a box for $4.99 or $5.99. You'll pay more than that in shipping cost from the Ebay seller.
I'll take mine off and measure em to get the size tomorrow and post.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performPartNumResults&Parameters=Spark+Plug+Non-Fouler++++++++++++++%7C%7E730544%7C%7E00%7C%7E42009

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dookie, just letting people know that they work..but some people don't want to worry about drilling things and will spend a couple extra bucks for things to work the 1st time.......

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
looks like all they do is take the sensor out of the exhaust flow. why not just tape it to the undercarriage and plug the bung?

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Still not working on mine:(

Sorry,

Don

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Yep, what's pictured is two sparkplug antifoulers screwed into each other. I have that set up, and even replaced the O2 sensor.

Still get a code. Others have gone a couple few thousand miles and just when they thought the problem was solved... they get a code.

I'm glad it is working for you but I think the only true solution is O2 sims that can read the output fromt he front O2s and give an apropriate response back to the computer... or, I hope MF is listening, Morpheus!

At least that's how I see it from here.

Don

·
Just trying to make it in this world
5,014 Posts
Yeah, i went and got me 4 fouler plugs #42009 and drilled 2 of them with a 1/2 inch drill bit on a drill press. then fit one that was not drilled through to a non-drilled fouler. I cleared the CEL codes and drove for around 20 miles and ding! this time i'm getting a P2098 -Post catalyst fuel trim sys to lean bank2

I then removed the fouler that was undisturbed and only put one on each side and still got the p2098 and p2096.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
We're in this boat together:(

I only get the P-2096 though. Someone suggested that I drive it a while so the computer learns and it would solve it's self... 3000 miles later. no joy:(

Didn't see how it could help as the rear O2s are not looked at for fuel management... only cat efficiency.

Don

rander said:
Yeah, i went and got me 4 fouler plugs #42009 and drilled 2 of them with a 1/2 inch drill bit on a drill press. then fit one that was not drilled through to a non-drilled fouler. I cleared the CEL codes and drove for around 20 miles and ding! this time i'm getting a P2098 -Post catalyst fuel trim sys to lean bank2

I then removed the fouler that was undisturbed and only put one on each side and still got the p2098 and p2096.

·
Just trying to make it in this world
5,014 Posts
Yeah, i just don't understand how it works with some guys and not others with the same setup. Maybe some of the guys that have been successful with it can chime in.

GasGunR said:
We're in this boat together:(

I only get the P-2096 though. Someone suggested that I drive it a while so the computer learns and it would solve it's self... 3000 miles later. no joy:(

Didn't see how it could help as the rear O2s are not looked at for fuel management... only cat efficiency.

Don

·
05 Magnum RT and 10 Challenger
7,415 Posts

Where do you drill and why?

·
Premium Member
5,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
I tried these on my SRT-8 and they didn't work. Cleared the code after the install and drove for about 55 miles before the light was triggered. I cleared the code and then went about 50 miles before I saw it come on. Also note, that the auction is for a single simm. Two are required (one for each side). They don't work as described. I've contacted him a number of times after and didn't receive a reply so... I requested his info from E-Bay.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Same thing on my Magnum RT. I have the Kooks LT headers, I get the code ALOT less and it actually clears itself sometimes now. I read somewhere that someone put two of these on each side.. so two threaded together and then into the exhaust and it worked better. I got mine at HHP when I was down there a while back as I can't find the sparkplug non-foulers in canada.. I think they were GSM too.. was 20 bucks. so no worries.. just wish they worked... Clearing the codes all the time is getting tiring.

I tried these on my SRT-8 and they didn't work. Cleared the code after the install and drove for about 55 miles before the light was triggered. I cleared the code and then went about 50 miles before I saw it come on. Also note, that the auction is for a single simm. Two are required (one for each side). They don't work as described. I've contacted him a number of times after and didn't receive a reply so... I requested his info from E-Bay.

·
LX Padiwan
430 Posts
I have had 2 HELP brand foulers on each side (1 did not work) for over a year sucessfully.

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
Two spacers on each side, new O2 sensors, extra grounding, re-did connectors, re-tourqed all of the bolts, even found a dealer who was willing to work in it, all to no solution. The black electrician's tape over the light seems to work, however.

I am open to any ideas!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.