I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
echo!!!

echo!!!

:grin:

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Our son and D-I-L have an '05 Liberty they got new early last year. I think the vehicle now has well over 23k miles. They're about to come here this weekend... article says owners will be notified in Sept.?!!!

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
it's about time. jeep liberty lower ball joints have been a problem ever since the launch of the KJ. there was a recall back in 2003 but the '04-'06 models were not involved yet they too had a habit of eating ball joints.

C36 recall, dated december 2003, involved 332,000 '02/'03 jeep liberty.

All 2002 and early 2003 model year vehicles built through October 4, 2002​

(MDH 100415)

must have both front suspension lower ball joints replaced and ball joint boot heat shields installed.

Later 2003 model year vehicles built from October 4, 2002 through​

March 25, 2003 (MDH 100416 through 032517)

must first have the ball joints inspected to determine if replacement is required. Any ball joints that do not pass the inspection must be replaced. All vehicles must have ball joint boot heat shields installed.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
I'm on my third steering rack due to inner tie rod wear on my RT. Dealer has been outstanding, first in finding the problem, second in fixing it no charge. Still,I would advise all LXers to inspect their tie rods and ball joints. No need to become a statistic. If DCX can't find a supplier to build better ones, they should look at Lemforder ZF Corp in Brewer,Maine. They have built those components for Toyota for many years. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Thanks Fnky,

I was aware of the previous one, but thought the heat shield deal had fixed the problem.:(

Don

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Gotta call the parents and tell them. Thanks for the heads up!!

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Mine just bought hers a few weeks ago;)

She wanted another foreign car... boy am I in for it now:(

Don
Aikidoka said:
My wife has one. Maybe I can talk her into trading it in for a 300 now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.