LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Magnum Police Package
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while running errands my key fob stopped working. The key would still start the car. When I got home I tried a new battery but still would not lock or unlock the car. I was going to send the key back and get a refund when I decided I would at least try to program the key and fob again.

Appcar DiagFCA to the rescue. I connected to the WIN module and read some current settings. Surprised to find it said only 5 keys were currently programmed. I had a locksmith program 6 keys into it before I got a Windows laptop to run Appcar DiagFCA. In hind sight I should have tried all 2 fob keys and 4 gray headed keys to see if one was really lost. Interestingly the key fob that stopped unlocking the car still would start and let me drive the car. Anyway I proceeded to remove all programmed keys and reprogrammed my 6 keys. Both key fobs work again and the all the keys will now start the car. I think you can have 8 keys programmed. Now that I know fobs can work with my car I might order 2 more key fobs.

Curious if anyone else has had similar experiences. Is my SKEEM/WIN possibly going bad or just a fluke?

Thanks
Eddie in FL

·
Lost cause
4,407 Posts
It was worth the price of admission just to get my previous 300 (the wrecked one) running again after the PCM locked me out for starting it with a bad key. Cleared all of them out, programmed an existing good key in, along with a fresh gray sentry key I just had the locksmith cut. Way cheaper all around than messing with the dealer, for sure, and in this case wasn't even an option since the car was wrecked and I was just trying to get it running to prove to buyers it had a good engine.

Haven't needed to use it yet on my other 300 but I've got it ready to go when the time comes. :)

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts