LX Forums Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
What about a 6.1Block, the tuning might not be as bad? Less cubes to tune.
I found a couple harnesses on car part$ 200 up. And ecu for 100$. I dont know why the awd engine harness would be different

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What about a 6.1Block, the tuning might not be as bad? Less cubes to tune.
I found a couple harnesses on car part$ 200 up. And ecu for 100$. I dont know why the awd engine harness would be different
On the 5.7, a connecting rod blew out the bottom through the oil pan. I would like to go 6.1, but honestly they are pretty rare/expensive.

I've already got a good source for remanned ecu's properly tuned to the vin and mileage, so I'd use that.

As for the wiring harnesses, I have no idea why there would be any differences in any of the lx harnesses in 06-07. But I have been told by some of these junkyards that the awd harness is different and so is the CA emissions compliant harness. It makes no sense to me.

·
Red trucker
1,238 Posts
Sorry, but my experience with businesses has always been that if they don't list something for sale or include a price, then it is not worth the effort. Either they don't really want to sell it, or they will try and price gouge someone that does show an interest. There is a reason that prices are marked in stores. You seem to be taking this awful personal...2 fairly insulting comments. Must be associated with the business somehow.
No I'm not associated with them in any way lol. Just have a disdain for lazy people 🤷‍♂️
If that's what you consider insulting......then maybe the internet isn't the place for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
No I'm not associated with them in any way lol. Just have a disdain for lazy people 🤷‍♂️
If that's what you consider insulting......then maybe the internet isn't the place for you.
A disdain for lazy people? Like the people you defend and want me to go out of my way for? People that can't even be bothered to list all the parts they have for sale, or put a price on the ones they do list. That kind of lazy?

And....blocked. Ya know, because I have a disdain for overly opinionated pricks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well, looky there! 1 more for the ignore list. Rarely, do I see trolls sticking together so well. This will make it much easier to navigate the site in the future. Being able to skim over all the b.s. and such.
Now that you've blocked several of the more knowledgeable members...

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Guy comes on here seeking help and blocks everyone that offers ideas because he doesn't like what he hears.

O-well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Now that you've blocked several of the more knowledgeable members...

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited
Re-read all the posts. They actually provided me with absolutely no useful information. Other than, "call this place". That kind of knowledge isn't hard to find.

Not sure why you posted a list of cars, though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Guy comes on here seeking help and blocks everyone that offers ideas because he doesn't like what he hears.

O-well
Again, they posted no useful information. They actually didn't answer any of my questions/concerns. Just gave me "call this place". Followed by "let's all call him names and insult him, because he didn't call the place". Yeah, super helpful....like a hemorrhoid is helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
And this is how forums die

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
You're not wrong. I decided to give this place a chance, since a couple of people recommended it for research purposes. I have talked to those people again, they said that I should have searched the site for answers to questions (I have, and didn't find the answers) but not to post. Apparently the place really went downhill from what it used to be, according to them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Found a listing for the 07 awd harness for you at a wreacker yard in surrey bc canada(where i live) if your interested i can post the info for you tomorrow. It may still be available would have to phone them on monday

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Found a listing for the 07 awd harness for you at a wreacker yard in surrey bc canada(where i live) if your interested i can post the info for you tomorrow. It may still be available would have to phone them on monday
Yes. If you could send me the info in a pm, that would be awesome. Right now, I am hoping to get that 6.1 with the wiring harness and ecu. If that falls through, then I will check out that wiring harness!

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,546 Posts
Great deal - how many miles on 6.1?

·
Lost cause
4,365 Posts
Sure is funny how someone new comes along and gets bent so easily when they aren't literally spoon-fed, then blames their annoyance on the people that didn't spoon-feed them. This somehow equates to "the place has gone downhill" LOL

Nah; there's always been people on forums, all forums, that pop in and want all the answers without doing any actual research first, then start throwing around insults and blocking people that might have actually helped.

Dude. Go ahead and block me, too. It's the smart move.

Richard

21 - 40 of 41 Posts