LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 srt8 . I blew my engine and I’m thinking about putting a 6.4 into it . I know most would say to just rebuild the 6.1, but I got the 6.4 for free since my brother owns a junk yard. Can I use the same trans from my 6.1 ? I know I have to tune it with someone, but anything else that I am missing ?

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,577 Posts
Yes 6.4 bolts to your NAG1 trans. You will either need to lock the cam (getting rid of VVT), or get a 2009 computer and harness as described here:
An additional connection is needed to run the active runner intake manifold. I think that is mentioned in the thread but not in detail.

·
Red trucker
1,279 Posts
Yes 6.4 bolts to your NAG1 trans. You will either need to lock the cam (getting rid of VVT), or get a 2009 computer and harness as described here:
An additional connection is needed to run the active runner intake manifold. I think that is mentioned in the thread but not in detail.
Lock cam phaser AND change the crank tone wheel (different for a 392 than a 6.1) or the 09 PCM/harness (and would still need to account for the 12 to 13 reluctor change). The 09-10 PCM isn't capable of running the SRV, so this would require the rpm switch setup. 11 or 12+ PCM can and would just need the harness attached and HP Tuners to turn the feature on and set it (but the newer PCM won't work inside the older 2006 elex architecture). Definitely not a drop in, plug and play. You'd have to change your FEAD as well for the new engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts