LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin ready to do this swap the only thing I couldn't find in a search is info on the MAP sensor. Based on combing the threads here it looks like a 6.1 MAP will work without issue. True? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Some claim the 6.4L intake with the short runner valve is better and lesser heat soak. But its just claims.

MOPAR 6.1 MAP Sensor for a 2008 listed on RA MOPAR# 56041018AD.

Take note of the PCV valve on the 6.1 intake. I had a difficult time finding one (I could trust) for my Edelbrock E-Force a while back. It may be different now. I think I got it from Steve White Motors 5037831AA, I wanted MOPAR.

·
Charger Pursuit
192 Posts
Some claim the 6.4L intake with the short runner valve is better and lesser heat soak. But its just claims.

MOPAR 6.1 MAP Sensor for a 2008 listed on RA MOPAR# 56041018AD.

Take note of the PCV valve on the 6.1 intake. I had a difficult time finding one (I could trust) for my Edelbrock E-Force a while back. It may be different now. I think I got it from Steve White Motors 5037831AA, I wanted MOPAR.
Heatsoak isn't about claims. Let a 6.1 intake car and 6.4 intake car idle with hood closed for 30 mins. See who can sit a hand on the intake the longest!

·
Get vaccinated!
16,285 Posts
Yes the N / A MAP sensors for the NA engines are all the same range. Hopefully you are not trying to install a 6.1 intake on the older 5.7 (05-08) heads...it'll be a waste of time and money performance-wise.

Of the three types of thermal energy transfer, convection / radiation / conduction, the 6.1 aluminum version is adversely affected by all three - absorbing and retaining thermal energy at a rate that is magnitudes more than than any of the NYLON6 versions.

In simple terms; the composite version of intake manifolds absorb less energy and as a result, transfer less of that unwanted heat by-way of radiated and convective means to the incoming air. Over the years, this has been proven and effectively demonstrated on here through dyno runs, Modmania, conversations with Chrysler Engineers (SRT Roundtable) and MODs Face-Off events..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts