LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sulring 05 Magnesium R/T
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a canary yellow 300C at Larson Chrysler In Tacoma this weekend with Road Runner badging. Dealer told me it was a one-off dealer car, 5.7 L HEMI with a chip that gave it 405hp. Lowered, 22's, and all the options. Not entirely in keeping with original HP no frills setup, but it was nice all the same....

Like to know what that chip was.... WOW.

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
Robert Larson's Chrysler Jeep7601 SOUTH TACOMA WAYTACOMA, WA 98409-7592Phone: (253) 474-0621

I will call in the morning, on the Chrysler Page this dealership doesn't let you do a inventory search.

·
Sulring 05 Magnesium R/T
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds too good to be true. I thought they had to reinforce the mains on the 6.1 to handle the HP when the HEMI starts to get near 400hp because the HP will blow out the bottom of the motor.

I don't see how anything other that multiple major mods would pull that HP rating.

The salesman I talked to had an Aussie accent.

It was a pretty car. They had a Hurst painted 300 HEMI as well, silver and burgundy.

·
Sulring 05 Magnesium R/T
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see if I can run by for some pix at lunch

·
Fossil Fuel Aficionado
11,025 Posts
Maybe it had the 6.1 transpalnted in and added a chip to that if they were talking rear wheel horsepower?

·
join date 05/06/2004
2,920 Posts
One of the members on here has a shop that painted that car. Not too sure about the chip, but, the color is that bad.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Chrysler roadrunner? Sure, it's all part of the mopar family, but Chrysler never had the pony cars.

·
Sulring 05 Magnesium R/T
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roadrunner

It would make more sense to wait until the Challenger comes out, and mod one with a 71 grill insert and gills, rebadge Dodge to Plymouth, funky paint, etc.

Also, to be honest, just the HEMI, seats, wheels, tranny, and maybe a sunroof.

LOL. Never happen.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
Sulring said:
Sounds too good to be true. I thought they had to reinforce the mains on the 6.1 to handle the HP when the HEMI starts to get near 400hp because the HP will blow out the bottom of the motor.

I don't see how anything other that multiple major mods would pull that HP rating.

The salesman I talked to had an Aussie accent.

It was a pretty car. They had a Hurst painted 300 HEMI as well, silver and burgundy.
No, there are folks running the Ram pickups 12 sec quarter miles with the 5.7's 6.1 are stouter but I doubt if you will ever see a bottom end blow out unless massive nitrous shots. 405 flywheel hp, nope, not with any chip on earth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.