LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my most recent dyno results after the install of my heads. In addition to a Comp cams 274 Cam, P&P BES/HHP Heads, and P&P 6.1L I have 3.55 gear, FTI triple plate 3600 Stall, LMI True Cold Air Intake, Kook Longtube Headers and Catless mids, and Zoomers Catback exhaust.

Best numbers were 436 rwhp and 403 tq. Overall I am satisfied with the numbers. The combination of the new stall and the new gears really make her an animal. I cannot wait to take her to the track in just a little over a week.

Reactions: A.W.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'm hoping to run at least in the mid 12s. It sounds awesome around part throttle, the only videos I have right now are two short ones of it if idle and on cold start-up.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No surging or bucking to date

Stock converter, stock 3.06 gears, kooks headers and hf cats, cai exhaust and HHP tune

Latest dyno:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your after sheet does look very strange.

Sounds AWESOME btw
Why? Because of the curve isn't smooth? It was the first couple of runs after the 3600 stall was put in. The computer didn't have time to learn it yet, which is why the curves are not smooth. It's going to he redynoed later this week at a shop near my home.

Also due to the combination of the high stall and the gears you cannot get a good reading until after 4200-4400rpm

And thanks! I agree :D

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had her re-dynoed this morning and got some astonishing numbers....469 HP and 437 TQ!

She had clearly learned the new shift pattern with the stall as the curve is much much smoother now! I am very very happy!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had her re-dynoed this morning and got some astonishing numbers....469 HP and 437 TQ!

She had clearly learned the new shift pattern with the stall as the curve is much much smoother now! I am very very happy!

Now those are the #'s I had in mind when I saw your mod list. Thought it was a tad low at first. Glad to see you got her dialed in. Pushing close to 500 NA is a beautiful thing!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts

Very nice. Seeing a graph like this would make buying heads very reasonable. My only question is why did the pull stop at 5800 rpm? I would think the 274 would push max power out pass 6200 rpm. Very nice numbers looking forward to some track numbers

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice. Seeing a graph like this would make buying heads very reasonable. My only question is why did the pull stop at 5800 rpm? I would think the 274 would push max power out pass 6200 rpm. Very nice numbers looking forward to some track numbers
I know he could have pushed it towards 6400-6500, but for some reason he pulled back at 5800. At that point I had to head out so I stopped. I was happy with the result lol. I will probably go back in the spring or later in the fall once I get some more miles on her to see if the numbers change at all.

The world famous Dale Cherry. My car has been on that dyno.

Nice numbers.
Yup and what were your numbers? Their numbers are likely inflated lol

·
Not helpful
3,970 Posts
274 Cam, P&p BES/HHP Heads, and P&P 6.1L dyno results

Was a while ago, 530/530 iirc. Car ran 118+ , so his numbers aren't that inflated if they are.

I think the video of the run is still on his YouTube account.

Edit: it is, says 550rwhp, so maybe they are inflated a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So my attempts at the track today were fails. I could not get any traction at all with the tires I use for autocross. I could not go 60 ft without sliding. My best time was in the 16s LOL. I am trying to get a set of drag rims and radials, but I do not know what to go with.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts