LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a raspy noise where I believe is coming from the exhaust. I hear it when I’m passing by walls and Barriers and when I’m parked next to cars. I hear it from acceleration to usually 40-50mph and I always hear it on low rpm. It’s embarrassing and I’m confused on what it could be. My car is straight piped, by the way

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's what the rasp is, you straight piped the car it doesn't have any tone it's just loud AF. Want to get rid of the rasp, throw some resonators on the car or buy a catback from AWE/Carven/Borla etc.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Really Old Guy
1,919 Posts
I have a raspy noise where I believe is coming from the exhaust. I hear it when I’m passing by walls and Barriers and when I’m parked next to cars. I hear it from acceleration to usually 40-50mph and I always hear it on low rpm. It’s embarrassing and I’m confused on what it could be. My car is straight piped, by the way
You get what you pay for... You wanted loud, you got it along with the side effects.

For me, the Scat has really good sound straight from the factory. Now, that being said I did mod my 2010 5.7L 6sp with a Corsa Catback system.

·
LX Newbie
2013 300 SRT8
256 Posts
"It’s embarrassing and I’m confused on what it could be. My car is straight piped, by the way"

You answered your own question. Brilliant.... You win.

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts