LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· I like the Term STOCKY ;)
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy asked me a question that I'm not technically inclined to answer. He has a 2012 Ram pickup with a 5.7 Hemi. Has new coil, new injector, new spark plugs. Performed compression test run and it has a 150 psi. It does not skip on idle or at Cruise speed only under acceleration. Any help woth this or idea why this is happening?

· I like the Term STOCKY ;)
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One new coil? one new injector? All new plugs?
Any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
My bet is Lifters and cam shaft, that's basically how mine started.

What is the mileage?

Any misfire codes yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
do you mean misfiring?
could be as simple as some bad sensor
This is what he replied with when I asked... Old spark plugs been replaced on cylinder number 3 and just the injector on number 3 and the coil pack on number 3 the only code that was in the computer was misfire on cylinder 3

· Registered
442 Posts
This is what he replied with when I asked... Old spark plugs been replaced on cylinder number 3 and just the injector on number 3 and the coil pack on number 3 the only code that was in the computer was misfire on cylinder 3
Well, friend, I hate to break it to you. But it looks like unfortunately your friend most likely has a whiped cam lobe and bad lifters. Go ahead and pop the valve cover on the drivers side and turn her over to confirm. One of the valves will not be opening as much as the others. Here's some pics...

Ps: after you confirm (which you should do ASAP) I would recommend not driving it anymore until you figure out what you're going to do to minimize the amount of metal being dispersed through the engine

This is my #3 intake lobe.

#7 lobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Hemi Reg#1120
5,688 Posts
Wow, hope my cam never looks like that. How did the rollers on the lifters look?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.