LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: http://news.windingroad.com/?p=814

Impala or Malibu?, Impala was supposed to be RWD (Zeta) and is said to have several retro cues ... This is based on the same platform as G6, or Aura - so while its size will be much larger than the current Malubu (based on the Vectra short wheel based Epsyllon), it is categorized as Mid Cycle Enhancement.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
Not destined to be a classic! Glad I don't own any GM stock. I can see the advertising: Better than Camray or Accord, cheaper than a Hyundai, better looking than a Renault!:not_worth

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
From the profile view it looks like a cross between a volvo and a 98 Taurus....

·
Black Trans Ams for everyone!
150 Posts
Why are GM stylists so afraid to come up with bold new designs? Are they simply sticking to their guns hoping that what is considered boring today will eventually be in style tomorrow? That's wishful thinking...

The key to successful styling is to push the boundaries while not taking things too far and alienating buyers (think: Aztek). I'm so glad the DCX designer(s) drew up something that was immediately recognizable but not outlandish to the point of revolting.

I can spot a Charger coming in the opposite direction on a freeway from a good 1/2 mile up the road. And it looks absolutely great. Same goes for the rest of the LXs. (A bit worried about the Caliber, though... they seem to be milking the styling theme a bit much).

·
Black Trans Ams for everyone!
150 Posts
On second thought, keeping that paper on it might be a good start for them...

:)

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
that looks absolutely fantastic! A sort of Nascar finish design.
Just leave the checkered pattern on it because the rest is horrible.

·
Go Virginia Tech Hokies!
696 Posts
The nose certainly looks better than what they have today, so I kind of like it. But the rest of the car is blah. I also can't tell if it's RWD or FWD. A little nose-down rake would help a lot.

Hokie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.