LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Not your normal family car!
3,624 Posts
The only Con is that you'll wish you stepped up to an R/T if not an SRT.
a lot of you R/T and SRT8 guys are all the same. :swinger:

all you V8 guys are so against the V6. who the f*ck cares what anyone has for a motor. the cars look the same and we all like them. i went with the SXT because i was not paying an extra $8,000 at the time for the R/T. i have not even spent that much modding mine and it looks a lot better than most R/Ts out there. do i care you V8 guys have more power than me. no because i will just laugh at you when you show off that power and get pulled over and ticketed for it. i have seen it happen and i have driven by and laughed at them.

· Pants up! Don't loot!
7,836 Posts
I really like my AWD, but I do wish it was a Hemi! My wife's got the Charger R/T so that will have to do. Besides, like Show said ^^, all that power could get you into trouble....because it is addictive.
Good luck!

· lil Red Wagon
6,072 Posts
As my Sig says I have an 06 SXT Mag and the Wife has the 07 SXT Charger..

Both great cars.. No power concerns to date, mind you I haven't had either to the track yet but that is not why I bought them either..

· Sandan
4,339 Posts
a lot of you R/T and SRT8 guys are all the same. :swinger:

all you V8 guys are so against the V6. who the f*ck cares what anyone has for a motor. the cars look the same and we all like them. i went with the SXT because i was not paying an extra $8,000 at the time for the R/T. i have not even spent that much modding mine and it looks a lot better than most R/Ts out there. do i care you V8 guys have more power than me. no because i will just laugh at you when you show off that power and get pulled over and ticketed for it. i have seen it happen and i have driven by and laughed at them.
Kinda angry aren't you? Maybe you need counciling. People who don't have issues about their motor size wouldn't have had to say anything at all about basically a nothing coment. :loser:

· I like bacon
3,469 Posts
Yeah seriously, drop the freakin' Hemitudes...I've been noticing this alot more on here.

I bought my 07 Magnum SXT back in May. The car is absolutely amazing to me. I've taken it on trips and have managed to get 25-27 MPG with a fully loaded trunk and half a rear seat, I'm talking FULLY LOADED this thing has no pressure to get millage like that. I've taken it to car shows, taken it racing, when it snows it fun to find a big empty parking lot turn off the ESP and do some hoonage.:tinfoilhat: The mods are there you just have to look for them. The brakes aren't god like brembo's but I've had the thing on a short exotic rally and it did just fine.

I haven't found one thing to complain about over the price. I got mine on a trade in for $14k and it's been nothing but :thumbs_u: since!

--RS

· Sandan
4,339 Posts
What are the Pro's and Con's of this year Magnum/Engine. I am looking at possibly trading the 300 in on the Magnum and wanted to hear what people had to say. Thanks!
If you like what you have in your 300, then you can get the same in a magnum. What do you need and/or want? Your gonna trade economy for power if you move up in Engine size. On the freeway I get 22-24 mpg with MDS in my 5.7, but when I'm playin' around, I may get 12-14 mpg. Maintenance may cost you a bit more on the V-8s. (2 more cyls.) Your insurance may be a little higher also.

3,624 Posts
Kinda angry aren't you? Maybe you need counciling. People who don't have issues about their motor size wouldn't have had to say anything at all about basically a nothing coment. :loser:
nope. sorry please try again. the thread was started to ask about 2007 sxt and then 89grand chirps in and say "The only Con is that you'll wish you stepped up to an R/T if not an SRT."

i am tired of some "HEMI" guys coming in and taking cheap shots in threads when people are asking how the "SE" and "SXT". you don't see us "V6" guys going into any of the "V8" threads and saying you should have got the "V6" because the "V8" is a pig on gas when you start to drive it hard.

P.S. look another "HEMI" guy posting in a thread about a V6. i have never and won't post in a V8 thread.

Yeah seriously, drop the freakin' Hemitudes...I've been noticing this alot more on here.--RS
i agree. i also see it at shows also and i just laugh at the "HEMI" guys. i have heard guys that are looking at mine and say "it is only a 3.5" then i say to them "and your point it what?"

· Dave's not here,man.........No, I'm Dave
3,263 Posts
You're right Show, people buy them for what they want. Doesn't matter if it's a 6 or an 8, it's still an LX and they are all SWEET rides.

and yours looks awesome too....:wink:

· Registered
13 Posts
had mine for almost a year and love it. 3rd production year and most of the bugs that plagued the earlier versions are gone. also, last year for the 5 speed. mine was a daily rental in it's previous life but it doesn't seem to have adversely affected it's looks, performance or reliability.
can you tell me what bugs were in the 05 and 06 cars?

and the 5 speed that is a 5 speed auto correct? why did they stop that trans? what is the better trans a 5 speed or 4 speed automatic?

· Sandan
4,339 Posts
nope. sorry please try again. the thread was started to ask about 2007 sxt and then 89grand chirps in and say "The only Con is that you'll wish you stepped up to an R/T if not an SRT."

i am tired of some "HEMI" guys coming in and taking cheap shots in threads when people are asking how the "SE" and "SXT". you don't see us "V6" guys going into any of the "V8" threads and saying you should have got the "V6" because the "V8" is a pig on gas when you start to drive it hard.

P.S. look another "HEMI" guy posting in a thread about a V6. i have never and won't post in a V8 thread.

i agree. i also see it at shows also and i just laugh at the "HEMI" guys. i have heard guys that are looking at mine and say "it is only a 3.5" then i say to them "and your point it what?"
I can understand your frustration, kinda. Don't give the haters fuel for their fire. Yes, you have a nice car. Lots of people have nice cars. Engine size matters to some and not to others. Both of your posts had negative comments regarding V8s. The exact same attitude you claim to hate so much. Your posts make you sound like a whiner. If that's how you want to be perceived, thats ok with me. Just throwing it out there.

3,624 Posts
Both of your posts had negative comments regarding V8s.
no negative comments towards V8s. just the guys that have V8s and always shoot down the V6s.

Your posts make you sound like a whiner. If that's how you want to be perceived, thats ok with me. Just throwing it out there.
not whining just stating the fact that some V8 guys think they are sooooooooooo much better than us guys that have the V6. :roll:

yours looks awesome too....:wink:
thanks if this is meant towards me. :beerchug:

· Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Yeah, guys a mite angry but also right. When someone asks about an SE or SXT, don't always need a Hemi guy jumping in. I went through the same stuff when I was on the Dodge Intrepid Forums. I had a 2.7 which I thought was fine and the Intrepid R/T owners (3.5L) would always be trashing us.

Sure the R/T (suppossedly) only gets about 1 mpg less on the hwy than the SXT, but in mixed and city driving is where you are going to see the biggest difference between the 2. The SXT has less scheduled maintenance and is cheaper to maintain. Also has better Front/Rear balance because of the lighter engine in front. The R/T has the advantage of speed and handling.

Going from an SE to an SXT Magnum is going to seem like a big difference in terms of off the line acceleration. Even though the 3.5 is only rated at 60 hp more, the SXT will do 0-60 mph in the mid to high 7 second range vs. high 9's for the SE.

Then all ya gotta do is add some R/T wheels like me and people will think it's an R/T anyways for alot less! Guess not many people know 1 exhaust pipe = V6, 2 exhaust pipes = V8 ....

· The Machine
66 Posts
I got one. 2007 SXT. Its from Tennesse I think, but then shipped back to Ontario and I picked it up.

I love my Torred Magnum, I maxed the speedometer on several occasions....sure Hemi is great but I cant support one yet, this is the next best thing.

Hemi will have to wait.

Oh right....whats good about it? Its a nice all around car, I get occasional pause when swithing the gears but I think we all get that at one point or the other, and sometimes it wobbles at around 70 miles/ 120 km....around there....again, its something the Magnum just does....even after alignment on all wheels has been performed....hmmm

· C-Mack
262 Posts
Well with all this chatter about V6's and V8's. It just makes me wonder why we all buy the cars we buy. Last time I checked I bought the car. For me, not anyone else. I didn't buy my car cause someone on a website told me to. Or cause I seen a TV show and it told me to buy the car.

Sure it's okay too see the OPINIONS of others on what your going to buy. But it will never change what YOU want.

I don't know about you guys but I could care less if a guy who has a V8 tells me "Should have gone with a HEMI".

Maybe if I was having power issues and I came online with a post saying "Need more power outta my v6" Then him saying "Should have gone with a HEMI" wouldn't be trash talking, he's be telling the truth.

But when all were talking about the pros and cons of V6's. Then there should be no discussion about V8's. If there is. That just tells me he is pissed cause he spent the extra money on a car that has only 2 extra cylinders and only 1-3 seconds or more going 0-60. I've raced my brother in his stock R/T. Mine is a brand new SXT and he only got maybe a car length or 2 ahead of me. AND MINE IS STOCK.

If I went out and bought an R/T and raced someone who spent 8 grand less then me on an SXT and kept up with me when I was steppin on it.....I'd be pissed too.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Ummm, I really think you have this all wrong, I mean ALL WRONG!

For starters, I seriously doubt anyone that bought a HEMI car is pissed that they didn't buy an SE or SXT, I mean seriously no one is. I admit I'd be pissed if my R/T was not much faster than an SXT and I gained very little if anything over all, but that's far from reality. Getting beat by several car lengths is not keeping up by the way, it's getting smoked.

What that said it seems the 6 cylinder guys are pissed at me for suggesting the HEMI car over the SXT, not the other way around.

Here's why I suggested the HEMI car, they are a much better buy on the used market. These cars may have cost $10k or so more new, but they can be had for little over the price of an SXT used, it just makes them a much better buy currently. And it's no all about power, you get a lot more car as a whole package. You get a better engine of course, but you also get better brakes and better handling. In addition to that my car has power front seats (both of them), leather seats, heated front seats, climate control, 1 touch up and down windows on both front doors, remote start, U-connect, sunroof, power adjustable pedals, auto dimming mirror, auto head lights, upgraded gauge cluster, steeringwheel controls, better factory Boston stereo. Some of those options are available on an SXT, but most aren't.

All that stuff makes the car more enjoyable and much better buy on the used market even if power is not your number one priority. It's just a fact, it's nothing to get pissed about. At the time I bought mine, which I bought used also, SRT8's were still more than I wanted to spend, but since that time those prices have dropped like a rock too and if I was looking today I'd rather get an SRT8, but performance does matter to me, and you get even better stuff still over an R/T like better seats, better performance, better brakes and better suspension. I will say though that you get a lot more from an R/T over an SXT than an SRT8 over an R/T.

If someone interested in an SXT takes what I've said into consideration and still chooses the SXT that's great, I'm just letting them know the R/T may not be out of reach for them if they didn't already know, and that there is more to these cars than just a bigger engine.

· Registered
341 Posts
My '07 was also a rental that I picked up with 14,000 on the clock. Been a great car. Just like I told someone, get what you think you need for YOU. I didn't need nor did I really WANT the Hemi, as I just couldn't see the advantage other than more power (that I wouldn't be able use-legally anyway), and even with MDS, the fuel savings weren't worth to ME. While it has more stuff for comfort, it just wasn't big deal to me. IF you want power everything, get an R/T. If you can live with less stuff and if you can find an '07 with the 5-speed (Autostick), jump on it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.