·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SRT design Group option, includes (production starts December 1, 2006):

-350 HP 5.7L V8
-Performance independent front and load-leveling rear with height control
-Performance 9-Land steering gear
-New style 20" SRT forged, ultra-brite, aluminum wheels with 245/45WR20 all-season performance tires
-Performance exhaust system
-High-speed engine controller
-Trunklid spoiler
-Body-color door handles
-Leather-wrapped, performance front seats perforated with Preferred Suede® inserts
-Power adjustable pedals
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with perforated leather upper trim
-Shift knob with Satin Silver accent

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
????????????????

wbornio said:
SRT option comes with a 5.7L engine?

will the 6.1 be availalble?

SRT Design = 5.7

SRT8 = 6.1?
??????????????????????/

·
LX Newbie
444 Posts
It's the same as the SRT design Neon. All the looks, none of the go.
Mike

·
2 Fast, not that Furious
2,586 Posts
4DRHTRD said:
It's the same as the SRT design Neon. All the looks, none of the go.
Mike
Well, not all of the go... but most of it...
:racing:

So long as it doesn't come with SRT-8 badges, it shouldn't be an issue, but I hope they do something to make the SRT-8s stand out more...

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I want to know how soon those SRT-design 20" rims will be available, and what they really will look like. I want to go with the 10-spoke 20s (that's what the cars are designed for per Ralph Guilles), but I don't want to be a "poser" and have "SRT" stamped in the rim.

Almost sounds like what will be in the 2007 Heritage Edition. The '06 had several "SRT-like" features... performance steering, shifting, "exhaust", spoiler and seats, except perforated in the center and not suede.

·
Look at that wagon she is draggin'!
2,428 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
I want to know how soon those SRT-design 20" rims will be available, and what they really will look like. I want to go with the 10-spoke 20s (that's what the cars are designed for per Ralph Guilles), but I don't want to be a "poser" and have "SRT" stamped in the rim.quote]

me also X2

I would kill to have my R/T rims in a 20 or the SRT8's w/o the engraving.

olsdchool

·
Nawlins Proud
134 Posts
My guess is that the SRT Deisign isn't a replacement for the SRT-8. Think of it as the 300 version of the Daytona(it having 350hp) But the 300 "SRT Design" will have a few more performance add on's then a different airbox and exhaust. I just want to see the new 20's that are suppose to go on the new Road and Track editions of the Chargers and now the 300 "SRT Design"

·
he who likes fast car
2,608 Posts
Sounds like a 300C with a very similar package as the Charger R/T Road and Track performance package....and 20's

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
It amazes me that some people complain about everything.

"My SRT8 Magnum won't stand out if they make an SRT Design 300..." With sales the way they are I'd personally can the Magnum totally. (I love the car, but fact is it just doesn't sell) That would make your MSRT stand out, wouldn't it?

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
MagnumSXT said:
It amazes me that some people complain about everything.

"My SRT8 Magnum won't stand out if they make an SRT Design 300..." With sales the way they are I'd personally can the Magnum totally. (I love the car, but fact is it just doesn't sell) That would make your MSRT stand out, wouldn't it?
Pretty sure overseas sales of the 300 touring are enough to make up for the slump here in the states

·
My maggie did me proud
647 Posts
The only vehicles out of the SRT lineup that stick out are the Charger and the Jeep...all the others, minus the rims and a couple other cosmetics are the same looking.

If you think about it many of the layman will not know the difference between the normal and the SRT and only the people that know what to look for will pick off a SRT from a distance.

I was on my bike this morning and rolled up on a silver MSRT8 and didn't even realize it, thinking it was a R/T until I saw the chrome inserts in the rear bumper and confirmed it with the rims

·
Faster than the speed of dark!
326 Posts
This is the same way that GM rewarded their best customers. When the Vette ZR-1 was released, it had unique bodywork with squared tail lights to differentiate it from the base Vette. In two years the only physical distinction was the ZR-1 badge. They did the same thing to the Cyclone/Typhoon owners with 4-cylinder S-10s.

They should pull up a heritage name rather than rip off their own car.

·
The Swiss Cheese
2,900 Posts
I still think the 350 horse should be standard on all LX Hemi models... Kinda silly they just won't make it standard.

·
LX Padiwan
284 Posts
Hi Everyone!! :)

I don't like the idea. It reminds me of what Chrysler did way back in 1962. In 1961 - the only '300' was the 'G'. [as in 300G] But in 1962 - along with the 300H - 'you' could buy a plain old '300'. ['300' replacing the 'Newport' or 'Windsor' name in the U.S. - I forget which] The plain-jane 300's looked far too much like the 'letter series' 300H. And sales for the letter car dropped significantly. [one of the worst years - as far a 'letter series' sales are concerned - if I'm not mistaken] It's always 'silly' [I think] to offer 'look-alike' packages. I want my 300C SRT8 to stand out from the crowd - a mile away. Not only when someone's nose is pressed against the SRT8 badge.

Craig!! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.