LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to get my PCM reprogram to my car if the pcm say all-wheel drive but I have a rear wheel drive? Would they cause the PCM telling my transmission that is not all wheel drive or that the transfer case/Pcm is still reading that it's AWD or that doesn't matter

·
Praise the Lowered!
1,177 Posts
I'm trying to think what I did- I think I went into Appcar and told my car it was RWD, but in the end I don't think it mattered because it's a full time AWD system. I know for a fact I didn't change my TCM.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So you bought a PCM with a calibration for an AWD challenger? If so, you will most likely need the PCM reflashed as I bet you will get a SES (U0102) light because the PCM might not see communication to the transfer case. Now if the new PCM was unlocked, you might be able to just copy and paste your PCM calibration parameters to the new PCM via HP tuners. Kinda like changing and PCM on an automatic car that was converted to manual by changing parameters in the tune. Actually what I have done on my manual challenger to get rid of the skip shift solenoid was to copy parts of an automatic trans challenger tune onto my PCM. Just some info that probably won't do you much good but posting it for others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you bought a PCM with a calibration for an AWD challenger? If so, you will most likely need the PCM reflashed as I bet you will get a SES (U0102) light because the PCM might not see communication to the transfer case. Now if the new PCM was unlocked, you might be able to just copy and paste your PCM calibration parameters to the new PCM via HP tuners. Kinda like changing and PCM on an automatic car that was converted to manual by changing parameters in the tune. Actually what I have done on my manual challenger to get rid of the skip shift solenoid was to copy parts of an automatic trans challenger tune onto my PCM. Just some info that probably won't do you much good but posting it for others.
Thank u but I have a RWD 5.7 but put the AWD 5.7 in my RWD only thing I change was the oil pan that the actuals go through and put the original real drive oil pan up but the PCM IS still say AWD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to think what I did- I think I went into Appcar and told my car it was RWD, but in the end I don't think it mattered because it's a full time AWD system. I know for a fact I didn't change my TCM.
I change my TCM but I still think I got the AWD PCM IDK if that really matters or not. I just know I got a RWD charger 5.7 wit AWD PCM AND TCM so that mean The PCM is still reading AWD transmission Still. This what I'm guessing

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank u but I have a RWD 5.7 but put the AWD 5.7 in my RWD only thing I change was the oil pan that the actuals go through and put the original real drive oil pan up but the PCM IS still say AWD
Yes you have said that and I said you might need a reflash otherwise you might get a DTC as in my previous post. What do you mean by "PCM is still say AWD"? Is it written on the PCM or are you reading it with HP tuners or Alfaobd?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts