LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting right now..I have been mapping out a system and I got a head start on it today..should be finished very soon..waiting on parts/shipping time etc. etc.

Phase 1

I decided to change out the factory 6x9's with some Alpine type-S speakers..I have had good experience with Alpine so I stuck with them..

I plan on running them off a amp as soon as it gets to my house..they sound pretty good now, but once I give them some power I should be pretty happy.

as far as head units, I have a pioneer AVIC N1, I was going to go with alpine but I got this head unit for a crackhead price..so i could not pass it up. Right now the trunk design is still in the making I should know what im doing in the next few days..stay tunned..

Also..WHAT SIZE SPEAKERS SHOULD I PUT IN THE DASH..I THOUGHT ABOUT A 4 INCH ALPINE TYPE S BUT NOT SURE IF IT CAN FIT..ANY FEEDBACK IS WELCOME..THANKS IN ADVANCE.

DERRICK

·
LX Padiwan
460 Posts
dash is made for 3.5s, there are plenty of 3.5s out there to choose from... remember youll need a crossover, assuming youre bypassing the amp...

why not a carputer? just throwing that out there...

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shrinkydinx said:
dash is made for 3.5s, there are plenty of 3.5s out there to choose from... remember youll need a crossover, assuming youre bypassing the amp...

why not a carputer? just throwing that out there...
Well, i thought about getting a carputer,,but I I only paid 200 bucks for a dam near brand new Avic N1..friend of mine owed me some money and I looked out for him many of times...:wink:

any info on some good crossovers to get..I have that on my list just did not research one yet..

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also heard its possible to run the front & rear speakers off a 4 channel amp and run the dash speakers off the head unit..It sounds possible..Does anyone have any info on this.I would assume that I would just connect the dash speakers to the RF & LF wires on the head unit..Thats if the radio has a built in cross over correct.

Thanks

·
LX Padiwan
460 Posts
STREET LIFE R/T said:
I also heard its possible to run the front & rear speakers off a 4 channel amp and run the dash speakers off the head unit..It sounds possible..Does anyone have any info on this.I would assume that I would just connect the dash speakers to the RF & LF wires on the head unit..Thats if the radio has a built in cross over correct.

Thanks
yeah probably... as long is the impedences work...

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went and picked up some 3.5 speakers today..the system sounds better but I don't want to crank it up just yet with the factory amp still running things..new amp should be here sometime next week...heres a couple of pics ...

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its almost that time to get down to business..everything is ready..U connect harness ready to go, amps,subs, and Head unit..heres a pic of the stuff..Boy do I have a gang of wiring to run.:eek:wned:

heres the box that im using along with some other ideas that im brain storming.:wink:

I should be working on the car sometime soon..stay tuned..

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
Well excellent choice of speakers haha, Im running all 2005 Alpine "S" Series speakers (details in the signature). Kinda bummed me out when Alpine went with 4" for 2006. I have the Alpine MRF-M345 (75wrmsX4) on the door & rear speakers. I would recommend the MRP-F450 it is 70wX4. I went with the 75w with a 100hz Xover so that they will get full clean power. I just have to make sure that I dont go over 3/4 vol. I ran the system for an 8 hour trip at 25 of 35vol (71%) and not a single failure. As long as you give the speakers a clean signal you can "over power" them safely.

I have the dash running off of the HU (25wrms) with the fader at even you can barely tell that they are there. Perfect balance. Xover at 220hz.

You will be amazed at how the speakers will sound with the extra power.

·
Black Charger 06
1,559 Posts
Semi Hemi diagram

Semi Hemi Gets copied again. I'm sick of the sox losing again, so to kill some time I came up with this. I'm sure in a much sober state it would have come out much better.

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
BlackCharger06 said:
Semi Hemi Gets copied again. I'm sick of the sox losing again, so to kill some time I came up with this. I'm sure in a much sober state it would have come out much better.
Hell it looks good to me, I went with the white background because when I printed out the other, the stuff all bled into the background. I left off the models, this way when someone is really interested, it will start off a conversation.

·
Black Charger 06
1,559 Posts
Final count down?

STREET LIFE R/T said:
both are nice setups but please don't Hijack the thread..:chill:
So how much longer before your system is done?

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A little busy I have been finish for the last 2 almost 3 days now..I will add pics as soon as I get settled in from work..Getting ready to wash up the Charger and hope my HID's are dropped off today..:rock:

oh yeah..I got a good phone Call today..My 22's with tires are in the mail..Got the tracking number they should be here Friday august 18th..:bling:

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Running wires

More wires:thumbs_u:

Wires..LOL:pepper:

Could not deside..should I show my amps or hide them..I think I probally will hide both..you will see in the finish project.

AVIC N1 installed..open

AVIC-N1 installed closed

·
Black Charger 06
1,559 Posts
Looking good

Looks pretty good. I keep thinking of going the apline or pioneer fold out route. Only probably is, it covers up my fun (esc) button. It also covers up the vents. Still looks pretty nice though

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.