LX Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LX Newbie
106 Posts
Honestly, i think the caddy driver was a novice. My friend had the CTS-V and now has an SRT8. The caddy was much quicker, than the Magnum....my 2 cents....

·
LX Newbie
115 Posts
SouthSSide RT said:
Honestly, i think the caddy driver was a novice. My friend had the CTS-V and now has an SRT8. The caddy was much quicker, than the Magnum....my 2 cents....
Published numbers indicate otherwise ...
Generally, the SRT's are quicker than most anything I've read about a CTS-V. I think its all mental, as the Magnum is a much bigger car, doing things no car its size should be capable of.

·
LX Newbie
106 Posts
no argument to that... could be. Having driven both V8 versions of the Magnum & the Cts-v. I could just be the gearing of the cts-v that gives it more in the sat of the pants...gear ratios i suppose. of well both are good cars

·
Im Back in Black!!!!
4,449 Posts
Cant see them..How do i get that site so i can upload it..It says im not compatable.....I have only the Media player......

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SouthSSide RT said:
My personal experience with an LS2 CTS-V from 70-120 was almost a dead match. I may have even been slightly pulling.I have even seen them at the track running low to mid 13s (like me)

as seen here

·
Founder of ALX
1,033 Posts
In the second "race" no V6 CTS would hold on a SRT like that. It would have been a blow out. That CTS had more then a 6 in it and was not an easy match for the SRT's in the vid, but they still whooped it.

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
While "neat" it was really dangerous. I wouldn't do it, wouldn't condone it, and would probably give those guys an ear full given the chance. That's how people die and the lawmakers get statisitics, if you're going to take absurd risks do it where you aren't putting other people in danger.

I know i've posted kill stories b4, but my stop light races rarely exceed 70 and my one highway race was with a skilled driver and there were no other cars on the road. Sorry if i come across preachy.

·
Betrayer of Mjolnir
3,111 Posts
Goose said:
I showed the movie to my brother that has a CTS and he said that by looking at the car, that it is no "V". Its just the V6. Maybe thats why it got spanked so bad.
That was no V6 CTS. Only a CTS-V could bark the tires like that shifting into second.

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
iamkungfool said:
While "neat" it was really dangerous. I wouldn't do it, wouldn't condone it, and would probably give those guys an ear full given the chance. That's how people die and the lawmakers get statisitics, if you're going to take absurd risks do it where you aren't putting other people in danger.
Agreed and I'm hoping enough people on this board also agree. Seems like a sensible bunch.

·
America...fvck yeah!
5,397 Posts
It's definitely a V. Emblem placement, dual exhaust location, rear facia, partial shot of rims = all V items. If you can find someone who can drive a six speed properly, it's a "heads up" race. Most normal drivers can't launch the V properly with the right balance of clutch, throttle, wheel spin and trying to avoid the differential killing wheel hop. My V's were the most rewarding and challenging cars I've ever owned. I loved my 2004 and 2005, just hated the 40 days spent at the dealer for service. My 2006 3CSRT8 has just over 16,000 trouble free miles and that is a reward in itself after what I went through with my caddys.

·
LX Padiwan
896 Posts
CVP33 said:
It's definitely a V. Emblem placement, dual exhaust location, rear facia, partial shot of rims = all V items. If you can find someone who can drive a six speed properly, it's a "heads up" race. Most normal drivers can't launch the V properly with the right balance of clutch, throttle, wheel spin and trying to avoid the differential killing wheel hop. My V's were the most rewarding and challenging cars I've ever owned. I loved my 2004 and 2005, just hated the 40 days spent at the dealer for service. My 2006 3CSRT8 has just over 16,000 trouble free miles and that is a reward in itself after what I went through with my caddys.
My thoughts too - over do it and the V's rear end pukes. :Na_Na_Na_Na: Maybe we was being careful. lol

·
Car Is Only As Fast As The Driver!
3 Posts
This was posted a while back on 300c forums.. That was My 300c And my friends Charger.. The Cts-v challenged me and said my car was a boat and could not come close to the the V.. I was called out in front of 50 people that I know... when we ran if you watch the video cars were behind us holding up traffic and on the side of every entrance to get to the road so noone could come into the streets we were racing.... believe me the only ones in danger were the people that were racing...
On another note I know what a V can really do and I believe a V may be able to edge out an srt but only 20% of people that own that car are able to do it... he was not in that 20%..

·
Hersela
2,352 Posts
WELXCOME Brillan Black SRT8. I know you have more vids and pics and shyt, so go ahead, stop bein greedy and SHARE THEM!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.