LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright hopefully you guys on here can help me out here. Id like to prelude what im about to say by stating that ive looked and read literally hundreds of threads on different forums and still no dice. So i got a 08 300c 5.7l awd from a guy for 900 bucks. Has SLP loudmouth 1 exhaust and a diablo intune as well as CAI. I picked it up for cheap because 3 wires corroded and fell out of the smaller grey plug (not sure what number that would be or letter). He sprayed a little starting fluid in and jumped the starter relay and it fired. I got all excited, so I took it home. I soldered the wires back to their homes, and what do you know.. absolutely nothing. no crank, and even with some starting fluid it wont fiire now. I have code p0688 currently. I got a brand new battery and have tried other good batteries and even tried jumping it and still no dice. I even went as far as replacing the TIPM and doing the relearn to no avail. I turn the key on, fuel pump kicks on but stays running. CEL comes on solid, then blinks 9 or 10 times, and returns to solid. No theft light, and the key fobs both lock and unlock the car just fine. Ive gone over every single relay and fuse in the car and im running out of things to try. Any help would be appreciated more than you know!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad that helped...

By no crank do you mean the engine won't turn over? or turn over but not start?
Put the key in ignition, all the dash lights light up, turn the key to start it, and nothing. i hear a relay click in the rear but no starter engagement at all. I can jump the starter relay and it turns over but wont fire.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Try moving shifter into neutral. Starter relay?

· Registered
1,456 Posts

· Life is pretty good
6,253 Posts
Is the fuel pump still running? It should stop after a few second once the system pressure has built up. If it still runs then the pump is proably toast.

· Life is pretty good
6,253 Posts
Probably. Injectors need a certain pressure to function properly and in open loop (starting), the computer has no feed back from the O2 sensors so pressure insures adequate flow from the injectors.

That will cause a no crank?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.