LX Forums Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Got quite a bit done this weekend. Handled the door latches, fuel cell mount, painted all the bare metal parts, mounted both seats and harness. Even vacuumed out the car and tied up the wiring a bit better.

I did realize I need to wait to wrap up the wiring and hoses until after I get the sheet metal put in.
That will allow me to figure out the battery mount, and run my wiring harness and install a cap/door over the fuel cell. I'll order a couple of 20 gauge sheets tomorrow and see if I can get that going in the next couple weeks.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Nut
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive exterior
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
I have started on the sheet metal now. I ran the tub sections a little higher and chose an angular approach as it was easier to get it welded to the body. The car has a good flat area just below the side windows that made it easy to get something welded there. The little pieces around the D bars were fun. I was able to setup my daughter on the plasma cutter and just holler out the size I needed and she was cutting them for me. She went from cant stand close the me while cutting to doing it herself in about an hour.
Its not the prettiest thing, but with no guidance and first try I'm happy with how it looks, and how strong it is. I plan on sealing all the seams and then painting it all once I finish it up.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
More sheet metal done. All that's left is to silicone all the seams and paint the whole setup. I picked up a 12x12 access door off Amazon uses a screw driver to open, and I just welded some scrap metal for a handle on it.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Composite material Gas Rectangle Metal Engineering
Snow Wood Composite material Gas Roof
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Circle Machine

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

61 - 63 of 63 Posts