Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hallelujah!!
    2006 Chrysler 300C (heritage edition)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a way to embed photos if you use Google Photos.

How to Embed Images from Google Photos into your Website

Works fine.

05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt

Post Thanks / Like
    On other forums I can download from my computers saved photos, I don't need Photo bucket or any other BS.
    Why do you make it so complicated?

Post Thanks / Like

Posting Pictures

So after reviewing this thread..... ...Whats the consensus on the best/easiest way to post photos on this forum?
    Last edited by Math; 02-14-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    So after reviewing this thread..... ...Whats the consensus on the best/easiest way to post photos on this forum?
    I use the Google photos method and it's very easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Thanks Math thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    If the pics are in your phone, using the Tapatalk app and posting pics is very simple.

Really like the Tapatalk app!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Thanks Math thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you take pictures with a digital camera and have an actual computer, not so much. You have to upload them elsewhere and link them. Should that 3rd-party host ever crap out, every pic you linked there will no longer appear on any forums you linked them to.

Post Thanks / Like
    test via Desktop using Hemissary's recommendation

2006 MRT, Blaze Red Crystal Pearl (PRH), Upgraded Rear Police Brakes, Mopar Police Wheels with Continental ContiPureContact, Stock Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80, BT Catch Can, LMI AirHammer, EGR disabled, 91 tune, H8 battery (AC Delco 49AGM).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismah View Post
    test via Desktop

It works, photo is visible.
    This forum makes it much more of a PITA than most to post photos...probably why there are so few good photo threads, just people complaining about their cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who wants to bet in 2 years from now, most of these linked pictures no longer work? Just go through the past 10 pages of this topic, or any topic on this forum, to see for yourself. This is my point regarding the biggest failure with using linked 3rd-party hosted pictures on forums: so many things can happen to break those links, and you end up with a forum full of text and mostly "missing/broken image" placeholders. How useful is that, to the membership at large? I want to browse through the "Show off your wheels" thread but most of them don't work. I want to see how to remove the upper balljoints, but the pics in people's helpful tutorials don't work. The whole benefit of a forum like this is image sharing, and permanence is a huge part of that. By not allowing members to upload images directly to the forum, there's an excellent chance that a majority of those images will stop working years later.

The cost of disk space these days is a non-issue, so let's not bring that old argument into the equation, please.
    Last edited by Coelacanth; 02-14-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Posting Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Who wants to bet in 2 years from now, most of these linked pictures no longer work? Just go through the past 10 pages of this topic, or any topic on this forum, to see for yourself. This is my point regarding the biggest failure with using linked 3rd-party hosted pictures on forums: so many things can happen to break those links, and you end up with a forum full of text and mostly "missing/broken image" placeholders. How useful is that, to the membership at large? I want to browse through the "Show off your wheels" thread but most of them don't work. I want to see how to remove the upper balljoints, but the pics in people's helpful tutorials don't work. The whole benefit of a forum like this is image sharing, and permanence is a huge part of that. By not allowing members to upload images directly to the forum, there's an excellent chance that a majority of those images will stop working years later.

The cost of disk space these days is a non-issue, so let's not bring that old argument into the equation, please.
    Wow, you’re gonna piss off some higher ups talking with such logic.
    100% agree, these forums require photos to operate and stay relevant. Too much wasted time reading old threads with deleted/unrecognizable photos when its a necessary part of the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care if this pisses people off, it shouldn't...it's the honest-to-God truth. I'm on a bunch of other forums and this is the only one that has such restrictions to image uploading, yet cannot grasp the consequences of why this could actually be detrimental to the forum. This isn't a bulletin board system from the 90's, for Pete's sake.
    Last edited by Coelacanth; 02-14-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Test using Tapatalk, not ScatPackForums on iPhone 7+

Last edited by chrismah; 02-14-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chris, we already know Tapatalk works...which is fine for iPhone users...but it's still a 3rd-party hosting the images and I'll bet those don't work a year or two from now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually thought “Tapatalk” (ScatPackForums) didn’t work for me via iPhone, but it seems to work fine with the true Tapatalk app.

I see your point though that Tapatalk is still a 3rd party.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Share This Thread