Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ops R/T View Post
    Wheels on eBay can be had for $100.
    Will have to take a look at this! Thanks!
    2006 Chrysler 300c Awdsome, Intune I-1000 - Johan Custom Tooned - Afe StageII CAI - 180t stat - Corsa Sport Catback - JBA Catted Mids - NoEsp - Coolit - Tranzformer - Blue Tops - KillerGlass - BT Catch Can - Egr Delete - Triple Pod (2x AFR, 1 Trans temp) - HID (Low,High,Fogs,Reverse) - DGS Stage 4 Grounding Kit. And many more to come!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noesp View Post
    Funny I haven't actually done this in my own car yet... Where's the best place to buy the paddles these days? I think it's about time I do it.
    Go to Mercedes dealer and ask for AMG S class paddles( don't ask me why) they are listed with a different part number than the E class ones even though they are exactly the same paddles. Say you represent a dealer( doesn't really matter which one) and need the wholesale price for their used car department and pay cash. cheapest way I know to get them(new)... GL
    Previously: "Vanessa" 2006 Charger R/T with all kinds of little details and a unique red bee stripe...
    Currently: "Maleficent" 2006 300 SRT8 option groupII, rear seat VES, Kicker stereo upgrade... 86K
    Future: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat( late availability!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for all of the guys out there on the verge of doing the paddle shift mod and won´t because they can´t source the wiring kit or are scared about the install....get the tranzformer, the AMG paddles and a solder... it doesn´t get any easier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by LostCtrl View Post
    Ok, thought about chiming in. After installing the tranzformer this last weekend i thought i came up with a brilliant idea. why not piggy back on the sws controls (+/-) to wire the paddle shifters so no wire kit is necessary? i contacted Zautomotive with the concept and they essentially directed me to a thread he created with the whole idea developed and tested... i am not so smart after all.
    Good news for those of you that want the paddleshifters, and can´t source the wiring kit ( or don´t want the hassle of running wires thru steeing wheel, center console etc), please check the link below.Honestly, i think it didn´t get the credit it deserves

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...ters-2005-2010

credit where is due: Joe from NOesp/Zautomotive

PS: Because i am stuborn, i´ll keep exploring mi idea of avoiding the soldering by simply t-tap the wiring off the audio control steering switch....right now i am down to 4 wires as potential candidates....there are only twi of them to be wired plus the ground. Will post if i succeed.

take care

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is getting up the nerve to cut into a new or the steering wheel that came with the car.....
    Scott B.

"A good friend will help you move....A true friend will help you move a body."

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the easy part. Take your time. I just don't like to solder. Pretty sure I'll burn the board up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Did this mod two years ago and love it. Only took me about an hour and a half to do it and was very straight forward.

Now all we need to do is get the Tranzformer coding updated so that if you pull both paddles at the same time it will toggle between Manual and Auto modes. Right now I have to put it in Manual Mode with the shifter before I can use the paddles.

Would be great to just pull both paddles and have it switch so I don't have to take my hands off the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noesp View Post
    It hit me this morning that there's an easy way to wire AMG paddles if you have a TranZformer and EVIC... The TranZformer uses the + and - buttons to control Autostick shifting - so why not wire the paddles into those two buttons?

If you do this, if you're in AutoStick the paddles will work for shifting (so will the volume buttons on the front of the wheel). If you're in Drive or any other position then the buttons and paddles will work the radio volume.

TranZformer takes care of the actual shifting so there's no need to touch the clockspring, shifter, or anything else. And if you don't already have a tranzformer, that's an easy install itself.

Here's what you'll need to do to add the AMG paddles:

Disconnect battery - and leave off for 15 minutes before pulling airbag.
    Pop out the steering wheel buttons and unplug them.
    Install the paddles. Easier to install with steering wheel off car, but possible with it on.

Take these buttons:

Next, pop the back cover off the volume buttons:

OK, now this is the board you'll see:

OK, now solder on 3 wires to the board like this:

Now pass the wires through the back cover and you're all set:

Now you need to connect these 3 wires to the paddles. The black wire connects to the black wire on both paddles. Connect the yellow wire to the right paddle (upshift) and the grey wire to the left paddle (downshift).

If you don't have a tranzformer you'll need one. Installation instructions on the www.zautotech.com website.

I don't have this in my own car, it's just that I thought of it this morning. This is definatley on the to-do list for me as well.

It's perfect for those with 2008-2010's as there are no other options. I used to make and supply the RF shifthammer, but honestly I never liked it so I stopped making them a long time ago. With the tranzformer AutoStick takes on a different meaning, as the delay from tap to shift is almost gone...
    What gauge wire should we use for this?

Sent from my XT1650 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Will a Mercedes AMG steering wheel fit?
    https://www.amazon.com/Mercedes-Stee.../dp/B00P8E2LPK
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy it and find out, lol.
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know if you have to solder both black wires from each paddles (+/-) to the common ground spot on the switch board?

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - Diablotoona Tuned - MTCM - SRT Night 20X9/10 Wheels - JBA high flow cats - 3.91 Getrag - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I did it was to solder a single black wire to the board and then connect that wire to both paddle wires. Much easier as there is not a lot of room to solder multiple wires to the board

Post Thanks / Like
    I need someone with more skills then myself to take on this project. I want this very badly, also need to add the transformer ASAP

Post Thanks / Like
    The pictures are gone again, can anyone repost them or tell me what wires to splice into, thanks.
    2006 300 SRT
    78mm china turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatyourbeef View Post
    The pictures are gone again, can anyone repost them or tell me what wires to splice into, thanks.
    Agreed, would like the soldering locations if anyone has them? Any help is appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatyourbeef View Post
    x2
    300c 2007 5.7 hemi
    PAXTON NOVI 1200 @ 9.5psi
    5.7 Superstock full weight record : 12.706 @ 105.73
    5.7 ''cam only'' full weight : Best 60':1.663 Best ET: 12.439 Best mph: 111.77
    5.7 ''cam+novi'' full weight : Best 60': 1.44 Best ET:11.18 Best mph: 123

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread