Post Thanks / Like

2006 Hemi Charger Custom Pursuit - The Chief (Price Reduced!)

Make: Dodge
    Model: Charger Pursuit
    Year: 2006
    Condition: 1 - Excellent
    Mileage: 100449

Price (USD): $6499

Shipping & Pickup: Can Meet / Pick Up in person
    Shipping Cost (USD): $

Item description
    2006 Dodge Charger Pursuit (police package) – “The Chief.”

This unique vehicle began service as “Unit 101” as the personal vehicle of the Chief of Police in New Port Richey, FL.

Retired in 2018, it has been re-styled as a civilian vehicle with performance touches and is ready for a new tour of duty.

Yes, “it’s got a HEMI!” The Chief features the venerable 5.7 Liter (345-cid) V-8 made famous by its muscle car forebears from the 1960’s and 1970’s. Also features a 5-speed automatic transmission with lockup torque converter, auto stick (slap stick) with Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.
    The Chief sports the same drivetrain found in the civilian performance packages of the Gen 1 LX, but includes extras not offered in the Daytona or R/T models from 2006 including external oil cooler, external transmission fluid cooler, 18” wheels, double-piston front brake calipers and oversized rotors borrowed from the Dodge Viper.
    It has been up fitted with a performance CAI air filter, but the factory air intake is also included, should the new owner want to revert to stock.
    All law enforcement equipment has been removed, with the exception of the fully-functional Unity spotlight and interior “ticket light," which shines white or red.

The original interior has been completely replaced, including carpets, seats, steering wheel, floor mats and door cards. It still retains all of the extra power connections provided in the police package, which means plenty of places to easily access 12V power under the dash and in the trunk, should the next owner want to upgrade the stereo or install an A/V system.

Also included are a 6-way power driver’s seat, leather-trimmed seats, a fold down 60/40 rear seat, which allows long items to be carried from the trunk, and a civilian center console.
    Other features include power door locks with remote lock, power windows, folding power-adjustable side mirrors, cruise control, leather-trimmed tilt wheel, rear spoiler, front spoiler, tinted windows, factory stereo with CD and AUX input (can interface with Smart Phones using an AUX plug dongle – USB-C dongle for Android phone included), and ice-cold air conditioning.
    The headlights, tail lights and fog lights are all new.

This vehicle has been serviced recently with a synthetic oil change and a complete brake service including new front hubs. Brake service included replacing the front calipers, rotors, and brake pads; rear brakes received new rotors and pads.

18” wheels carry Goodyear Eagle RS-A performance tires to transfer the power to the road – plenty of tread left.

Complete service records are included. Clean Florida title.

VIN: 2B3KA43H06H362513 More pictures are available in this Google Photo album: click to be linked:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZcrwFyEEbAL6xfRK9

Thanks for looking!

Likes Ultimagic5, Renfrick1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Wareagle32789 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

I've been working on it for about 9 months. It's been a great project, but the Mrs. says it's time to find it a new home. Just took it on a weeklong drive to S. Florida and it performed flawlessly (400 mi. round trip). Funny thing, I would get into the left lane on the Florida Turnpike, and people kept moving over to let me go by - weird! Lots of attention to detail and care has been taken to make this a daily driver. This vehicle wasn't ever a patrol unit, but was assigned to the Police Chief, so it got more TLC than most LEO units, based on my conversations with the motor pool manager when I picked the car up after buying it from New Port Richey. They even gave me the paper file with all the service records and a copy of the window sticker, which will be given to the new owner.

I sourced the seats and interior from a 2009 charger, but decided to keep the spotlight as an "homage" to the cop car background. The folding side mirrors and Infinity speakers came from a Chrysler 300, and the center console is from a Magnum, so it's all LX! I have some extras which I will be happy to include with the sale, including an extra set of OEM tail lights (from a 2010 charger), and extra console shifter (slap stick version), extra speakers, an extra factory stereo, and an extra pair of folding side mirrors. The spare tire is the correct 18" diameter, and I have the correct jack and tire tool which fits the lug nuts. I also replaced the original 2-piece crappy Mopar lug nuts with solid one piece Dormans, so no worries about being able to get the wheels off.

I have lots more pictures, especially of the inside, but for some reason many of my photos would not load on this post. Happy to send them to anyone interested.

It must be seen in person to be appreciated - it was just professionally detailed.

Thanks again for looking!
    Last edited by Wareagle32789; 03-23-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wareagle32789 View Post
    Thanks!

I've been working on it for about 9 months. It's been a great project, but the Mrs. says it's time to find it a new home. Just took it on a weeklong drive to S. Florida and it performed flawlessly (400 mi. round trip). Funny thing, I would get into the left lane on the Florida Turnpike, and people kept moving over to let me go by - weird! Lots of attention to detail and care has been taken to make this a daily driver. This vehicle wasn't ever a patrol unit, but was assigned to the Police Chief, so it got more TLC than most LEO units, based on my conversations with the motor pool manager when I picked the car up after buying it from New Port Richey. They even gave me the paper file with all the service records and a copy of the window sticker, which will be given to the new owner.

I sourced the seats and interior from a 2009 charger, but decided to keep the spotlight as an "homage" to the cop car background. The folding side mirrors and Infinity speakers came from a Chrysler 300, and the center console is from a Magnum, so it's all LX! I have some extras which I will be happy to include with the sale, including an extra set of OEM tail lights (from a 2010 charger), and extra console shifter (slap stick version), extra speakers, an extra factory stereo, and an extra pair of folding side mirrors. The spare tire is the correct 18" diameter, and I have the correct jack and tire tool which fits the lug nuts. I also replaced the original 2-piece crappy Mopar lug nuts with solid one piece Dormans, so no worries about being able to get the wheels off.

I have lots more pictures, especially of the inside, but for some reason many of my photos would not load on this post. Happy to send them to anyone interested.

It must be seen in person to be appreciated - it was just professionally detailed.

Thanks again for looking!
    I'm interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. Feel free to PM with an email and I can send you more pictures or answer any questions.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    That price seems to be fair but honestly I don’t know what’s it’s worth.
    Looking at it and looking at the price I’d buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback. I tried to be realistic in pricing it, but I'm a little biased, obviously. It's a one of a kind, and was done more as a labor of love than a purely profit-driven enterprise. I always wanted to own a cop car, so this has scratched the itch. I had a lot of fun tracking down all of the new parts and pieces and my son and I got to spend some great quality time working on it together. I hate to let it go, but don't have the room and don't really need an extra car right now. Hoping to find a new owner to enjoy it as much as I have. It's got the fun of the cop car with the comfort and convenience features of a civilian model with the upgraded interior (no vinyl back seats, back doors that open, power driver seat, folding mirrors and rear seat, a real trunk, etc.).
    Last edited by Wareagle32789; 03-23-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Dodge Charger "The Chief" - Google Photos - More photos available here

This link should get you to my Google Photo album with more photos of the car, including interior and trunk.

PM me if you have any problems with this link.

Thanks again for your interest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid question. Is it awd?
    Does it have mds?
    What’s the gas mileage like ?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are worried about gas mileage, don't buy a Hemi.
    2005 Cool Vanilla Magnum R/T
    20" 2008 SRT Alcoa wheels
    Front SRT shocks/springs
    245/45/20 Firestone Wide Oval, Front Brembo Conversion
    K&N CAI, Diablosport InTune
    MSD Blaster Coil Kit, 6 Disc RAQ Radio
    Likes XFR SRT8, GTSDart340, Wareagle32789 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Answer one: rear wheel drive;

Answer number two: not sure about the MDS; UPDATE: I found a website which states that the LX vehicles with HEMI V-8s have MDS, but suggest you independently confirm this...here's the link:

Which Hemi Engines Have MDS? | It Still Runs

Answer number three: I haven't been tracking fuel economy, but I have a copy of the window sticker and in 2006, Dodge stated it was rated at 17 city/25 highway...

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Wareagle32789; 03-25-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just making a joke about the gas mileage (sort of), but if this helps I have a 2005 MRT and I average about 15 mpg.

NOTPAID4 is offline "OLD GEEZERS LOVE CARS TOO!!!"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck on your sale! Sounds and looks to be a very nice car. I already have too many; LOL
    Old Geezers LOVE cars too!
    HEMI registry #864
    My Ride

We now have a total of 15LXs and two Rams
    ​We have 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers
    Jim
    Thanks Wareagle32789 thanked for this post